Stateroom Options

Jules123

Slightly more expensive, but still pretty cheap would be to do a balcony cabin with an inside cabin directly across from it. 2 people in the balcony cabin and 3 in the inside cabin. That way you all would have some access to a balcony, but still have some privacy and keeping the price pretty low.

but with the sleeper sofa for the youngest & the 2 of you in the bed, with the other 2 in the twin beds across from you.

Now also, I am pretty sure they have double pull down "beds" from the ceiling, with the 2 of you in the bed & the last one on the sofa if not a pull out bed.

with one bathroom & a lot of patience that may work to save $$$. But for sanity I'd take the 2 rooms.

We eventually got to be comfortable enough with the kids in a cabin across the hall from us but we did several cruises in a cabin with 4 people. 4 people and ONE shower???? I got to use the cabin shower and the rest of the family used the showers in the spa! Family of 4 ready for formal night in 15-20 minutes? Worked for us!

On the mariner they had both family suites and an ocean view family cabin.

Our friends had 5 in thier ocean view family cabin and it was $700 cheaper than my 4 in a junior suite.... our perk was a nice balcony but thier room was larger...

I am thinking of booking that cabin next year and taking my Mom along

The best way to save money is to book the cruise during the cheapest time, which I've found is the first two weeks of December. Last year we booked two CAT I Outside cabins on Vision of the Seas for a total of $1,996. When the cabins are this low, it is only a couple hundred dollars more to get two cabins than put 4 in one cabin.

This year we are booked on the Grandeur the first week of December. We booked a Royal Family Suite for 5 and the total cost is about $3,500. The cost during peak periods could easily reach $8,000.

I'm pretty sure those family suites are very expensive.

I think you may have confused the two different types of family cabins. You are referring to the Royal Family Suite, correct? That is expensive (has a balcony and all suite privileges). I believe the other post was talking about the Family Oceanview Stateroom, which is as it says oceanview without balcony. It is not a suite and gets no suite privileges. It's smaller than the RFS as well. However, it is usually substantially cheaper and many posters have made very positive reviews about them.

The best bet is to call RCI and ask them to price out the various options: Family Oceanview Stateroom; 2 insides; 1 balcony with 1 inside across the hall; 2 connecting oceanview; 1 oceanview with 1 connecting across the hall; 2 connecting balconies; etc. You can even have them check pricing on individual cabins that can take 4 pax. (Word of warning--that can be extremely crowded and, for some families, makes for a less than pleasant cruise. It just depends on the ages of your children and the family dynamic.)

beachchick

beachchick

Archived