Epic Haven Spa, Haven Suite or Spa Cabin? Struggling to Choose Cabin

Rosethorn40

Considering a 10-day Canary Island/Morocco cruise in March 2016 on the Epic. I am really struggling to make a cabin choice. DH loves the thermal suite, so a spa cabin would be ideal, but currently there is a promotion that if you book a Haven Suite you get OBC ($300), the drink package, unlimited specialty dining, and pre-paid gratuities. If you book a Spa Balcony or Mini-Suite you can choose one item.

My questions:

Both the Haven Suite & Haven Spa have a private hot tub in the room. Does it make the room smell like chlorine?

The Haven Spa cabins are several decks down and back from the Haven area. Staying in a Haven Spa do you feel like an "Outsider" every time you go to use the Haven Facilities?

What about the Haven itself? I tried reading old threads for information-I'm getting a picture of an area that may be anything but a "haven"; over run with badly-behaved kids, crowded, the Haven Restaurant a zoo at times (Read one thread where it took an hour to get breakfast, and then it was wrong).

There are 4 sea days on this itinerary, and I want an area that I can relax. We are not rich, so it's not "Money No Object" but I don't mind paying for a good experience.

A suite in the Haven would run me $7773 (Would have to buy spa passes)

A Haven Spa Suite would be $6573

A Spa Mini-Suite would be about $2873 (Only one choice from the current promotion, so there would be a la carte expenses).

That's a huge price difference, but if you don't mind spending the extra money for a great experience, then I would definitely book the Haven Spa Suite. The current promo makes it even that much sweeter. I've stayed in a Haven suite three times. Twice on the Breakaway in the spa suite and most recently in a two bedroom on the Epic. I will say that there was a bit of a disconnect for me in the spa suite because I was not in the Haven proper, but I never felt like an outsider as I entered the Haven. The concierge and asst concierge recognized me every time. As far as noisy children, I doubt that your particular itinerary will be overly crowded with them. Book the Haven Spa Suite and enjoy your cruise!! :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Considering a 10-day Canary Island/Morocco cruise in March 2016 on the Epic. I am really struggling to make a cabin choice. DH loves the thermal suite, so a spa cabin would be ideal, but currently there is a promotion that if you book a Haven Suite you get OBC ($300), the drink package, unlimited specialty dining, and pre-paid gratuities. If you book a Spa Balcony or Mini-Suite you can choose one item.

My questions:

Both the Haven Suite & Haven Spa have a private hot tub in the room. Does it make the room smell like chlorine?

The Haven Spa cabins are several decks down and back from the Haven area. Staying in a Haven Spa do you feel like an "Outsider" every time you go to use the Haven Facilities?

What about the Haven itself? I tried reading old threads for information-I'm getting a picture of an area that may be anything but a "haven"; over run with badly-behaved kids, crowded, the Haven Restaurant a zoo at times (Read one thread where it took an hour to get breakfast, and then it was wrong).

There are 4 sea days on this itinerary, and I want an area that I can relax. We are not rich, so it's not "Money No Object" but I don't mind paying for a good experience.

A suite in the Haven would run me $7773 (Would have to buy spa passes)

A Haven Spa Suite would be $6573

A Spa Mini-Suite would be about $2873 (Only one choice from the current promotion, so there would be a la carte expenses).

I have stayed in a Havan Spa Suite on the Epic & the "hot tub" is really just a tub you fill with regular water when you want to use it & it has jets ...... I'd say it's really just a jacuzzi tub. No chlorine involved & again each time you fill like a regular tub if you want warm water as again there is no heater or pump to keep water warm any longer than a regular tub.