Travel to Horseshoe bay on my own

Gentile21158

I'm not saying this is the best way, but when I did the same trip I took the local bus both ways. The people are friendly. When I got on for the trip to, I let the bus driver know where I wanted to get off. No problem!

SBtS

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women

-- Cpt Quint of The Orca, Amity, USA

I'll echo what the previous posters said.

We just did the same thing, but from Hamilton. From Dockyards, take the #7 bus. Tell the driver that you want to get off at Horseshoe Bay and ask if he'll announce the stop. He (or she) most probably will.

It's a steep walk down to the beach. On the way back, take the van up to the top of the hill--$1.00--and well worth it.

When you are returning to Dockyards, your stop is on the same side of the street as the beach. Don't cross the street, or you'll be on your way into Hamilton.

Don't know if you've ever been to Horseshoe Bay, but it is beautiful. It's probably our favorite beach, anywhere.

There is a concession stand, food, umbrella and equipment rentals, etc.

When we were there last month, there were some five ships there and about 10,000 cruise ship passengers in Bermuda. We were concerned that the beach would be crowded, but it wasn't. Most people, though, were within about a hundred yards of the entrance. The farther you walked, the sparser the crowd.

Enjoy.

Archived