Gem Haven access

I see they have keyed doors in the hallway leading back to the Courtyard and the suites that are surrounding it. They do not have those doors on the Pearl. Is the 14th floor locked off from everyone except Haven guest and staff that need to be there?

Also are the GV's connecting?

Thanks in advance.

I see they have keyed doors in the hallway leading back to the Courtyard and the suites that are surrounding it. They do not have those doors on the Pearl. Is the 14th floor locked off from everyone except Haven guest and staff that need to be there?

Thanks in advance.

Can't answer your first question but can answer your 2nd.

Gv's, from my understand, are connecting. If I'm wrong someone please let me know.

The reason I believe they are connecting is because I have a GV booked in April 30, 2016 with a bunch of CAS players here on CC and we're not trying to get the other GV booked if we find enough people.

Hopefully, someone else can help you with your first question.

Harriet

Thanks in advance.

Yes, there is restricted access to that area of Deck 14.

Elevator access requires a keycard (like the club levels at hotels), and the staircase has a landing halfway, with a door that also requires keycard entry to open from Deck 13.

Once on the Haven Deck 14 area, the only keycard access is to individual suites.

Note: Your thread title is for the Gem, but your question asked about the Pearl. This answer is for the Pearl only; have not been on the Gem.

GeezerCouple

Edited by GeezerCouple

Can't answer your first question but can answer your 2nd.

Gv's, from my understand, are connecting. If I'm wrong someone please let me know.

The reason I believe they are connecting is because I have a GV booked in April 30, 2016 with a bunch of CAS players here on CC and we're not trying to get the other GV booked if we find enough people.

Hopefully, someone else can help you with your first question.

Harriet

And I was wrong. The GEM GV's do not connect I've since been told.

Harriet

And I was wrong. The GEM GV's do not connect I've since been told.

Harriet

Thank you Harriet,

The reason I was asking about the GV was that I saw it in your post, I didn't think they did but I wanted to be sure.

Now I need to get back to GeezerCouple posted above you, he's talking about the Pearl. I hope you get you 16...

Robert

Yes, there is restricted access to that area of Deck 14.

Elevator access requires a keycard (like the club levels at hotels), and the staircase has a landing halfway, with a door that also requires keycard entry to open from Deck 13.

Once on the Haven Deck 14 area, the only keycard access is to individual suites.

Note: Your thread title is for the Gem, but your question asked about the Pearl. This answer is for the Pearl only; have not been on the Gem.

GeezerCouple

Yes, that is exactly what I wanted to ask if it was like the Pearl but I see a UT video that shows a keyed door past the butler pantry and they do not have that on the Pearl, once you get to 14 it's all open. I don't understand that keyed door on the Gem. Is the elevator open to 14?

Need a Gem Haven person please..

Thank you Geezer and yes Maxi is the best!

I have been on the gem haven and the doors are there. They are on the end of each hallway. When I was on it in 2013 they were closed all times except they day we got there and the day we left. Luggage I am assuming. I think (could be wrong) it is just extra in case someone followed you off the elevator. Why the need to go as far as putting another set of doors on I do not know. So to recap key on stairs, key on elevator, key for end of hallway and key for room.

I was on jewel in 2012 and it had the same setup.

Edited by Jblanch8

I have been on the gem haven and the doors are there. They are on the end of each hallway. When I was on it in 2013 they were closed all times except they day we got there and the day we left. Luggage I am assuming. I think (could be wrong) it is just extra in case someone followed you off the elevator. Why the need to go as far as putting another set of doors on I do not know. So to recap key on stairs, key on elevator, key for end of hallway and key for room.

I was on jewel in 2012 and it had the same setup.

Thank you- That is what I'm looking for, just wanted to make sure the DOS was indeed private...The Pearl did not have those doors but you could not get to 14 without a coded key card.

On the Gem if you are in the elevator with someone who uses their card to get off at the Haven you can also get off.

However, to get into the private courtyard area you need a Haven room key card.

I once walked to the elevator and their was a confused couple who thought they were trapped because they accidentally got off on 14

That door is on all the Jewel class ships , but it's solid on the older ones and glass on the newer ones.

John,

There's no door there on the Pearl, that hallway is wide open on the Pearl. I don't know about the Jewel or Jade but it's there on the Gem and not on the Pearl.