Just off Breakaway today... Brrrrrr

sugarval

ICONCIERGE APP - DOWNLOAD IT before you get on the ship! I cannot tell you how fabulous this app was to have! You can pay $7.95 per person to add free texting/calls between anyone who has the app and this feature installed on their phone. It is the best money I spent all week!! People kept looking at me with horror as I would take a call on the ship... they would say.... you do know how much that is costing you right? And I would say.. yep.. $7.95 LOL.. I would then explain to them about the app and they would say .. we need that! Thanks to the boards I knew about it.. and it was a lifesaver. My nephew and I were able to communicate when he was at the kids club... or hanging out with this friends....No searching the ship for one another! We were also able to call any state room, guest services, make dinner or show reservations, see what activities were going on right on the spot... Do it.. trust me... If you do not want the calling/texting feature.. the app is free!

Thanks for the review!

You mentioned that the ICONCIERGE APP is so fabulous, which it souds like a feature to have.

Does it work on any smart phone?

Do we need to have internet access (wifi) service in order to use this?

Thanks!

... ICONCIERGE APP is so fabulous ... Does it work on any smart phone? Do we need to have internet access (wifi) service in order to use this? Thanks!

Search for older related post as there is one with the official brochure in the link.

Here's my "dumb" answer - it will work on most smartphone running iOS or Android, older ones - maybe not for variety of tech reasons (haven't seen one myself for Windows mobile ... yet, MS should partner & do it)

It will work with similar tablets IF you don't do talk & text - which is actually safer as no accidental voice calls or switching off Airplane mode (without going to a long, boring & technical ...) as the FREE features or functions do not need the PAID WiFi on the ship, as long as it is activated & registered while connect to the ship only WiFi intranet (think of it as a firewall feature or in a closed loop).

The free features worked for us on 2 iPhones (5's and 6's) iPad 2's updated, Nexus 7 WiFi & Nexus 5 with the optimal settings configured.

As for the calling (not texting) with the extra one-time setup charges, reports are mixed ... so

send from my Google Nexus 5/7 via Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

ICONCIERGE APP - DOWNLOAD IT before you get on the ship! I cannot tell you how fabulous this app was to have! You can pay $7.95 per person to add free texting/calls between anyone who has the app and this feature installed on their phone. It is the best money I spent all week!! People kept looking at me with horror as I would take a call on the ship... they would say.... you do know how much that is costing you right? And I would say.. yep.. $7.95 LOL.. I would then explain to them about the app and they would say .. we need that! Thanks to the boards I knew about it.. and it was a lifesaver. My nephew and I were able to communicate when he was at the kids club... or hanging out with this friends....No searching the ship for one another! We were also able to call any state room, guest services, make dinner or show reservations, see what activities were going on right on the spot... Do it.. trust me... If you do not want the calling/texting feature.. the app is free!

Thanks for the review!

You mentioned that the ICONCIERGE APP is so fabulous, which it souds like a feature to have.

Does it work on any smart phone?

Do we need to have internet access (wifi) service in order to use this?

Thanks!

Great review, we have been on the BA 3 times since july/2014 and it looks we will be back in june again, we love the ship and the staff, we always have a lot of fun. we love the spa and the water slides.

It does work with any smartphone, it does connect to the ship wifi at no charge, you can use it for free to check your account, to see the dailies, to make reservations etc. you only pay $7.99 if you want to use the phone/texting part. i have read that you can also call land from your phone with it for i think like $.50 cts a min. but better confirm this with the internet cafe staff. the internet is per MB packages it starts $39 and up.

You will enjoy the spa... I really did :) I only wish they did have an outside deck option as well.. but that would only make it better than it is :) Make sure to utilize the locker room as well.. there are additional towels and robes in there ;)

Hi thank you very much for your review....i have read it....and did answer alot of my questions.....what i would like to ask....being as you sailed in winter, and in a snowstorm...did you find the cabin chilly at all first night out at sea? Also were the waters rough where you had to take something for the queseyness...I am trying to figure out how to pack for this cruise...as the first night and first full day at sea is going to be cold....also port canaveral can be chilly also especially in the morning and evenings....i got the UBP free, and i bought the UDP....i am picking up the cruise to nowhere on the breakaway before my 7 night sailing...so i have the opportunity to get to know how to get around the ship...

I booked a spa mini suite...only because again, the first full day at sea is going to be cold, and i like to swim....so i thought this would be great...as i have full access to the spa for entire 7 nights.... hope that we get to go to great stirrup cay...last cruise that i was on, we had to bypass it because of the high winds and weather.... in nassau i am going to get a beach pass to the Hilton again...to me it is worth it....you have acess to their beach and pools, get a lounger, towels, and a $40 credit toward food and drink....

My cruise starts December 11th to the 20th....I am coming in the day before, and staying in NYC for the night....Am staying at the Wydam New Yorker...and going to make plans to see the Christmas Spectacular when tickets go on sale.... Cannot wait for this winter to be over with....spring and summer to come.....and after that i will be counting the days before my cruise....