New Years Eve Cruise

ebb32

My family of 5 was on the Spirit for my 50th birthday 12/26-1/3/03. Visited Cozumel, Belize, but due to high seas (12-18' swells) was unable to dock in Costa Rico, but did have a good time in Panama. Good breezes, warm temps and the ship was maxed out with the Christmas decorations. I never will forget looking up and seeing, then feeling, all the confetti and ribbons falling from the upper areas down through the main lobby, right onto my face and faces of my family. IT WAS AWESOME! The crew members were especially happy and the next morning, despite all the residual party favors, the ship was immaculate. It's expensive, but for us, it was one of those once in lifetime events. Hope you decide to go.

I was on Carnival Glory last year 12/25-1/1. Had a great time. Weather was glorious in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Definately warm enough for swimming so I think it had to be warmer than 70's. New Years eve there was a party on the Lido & Sund decks with a screen set up to watch the ball drop in Times Square. There was also a live band. Someone had the brilliant idea of getting one of the assistant cruise directors to sing. Baaad idea. The decks were packed so if you want a seat go early. Dinner was formal that night (that made 3 formal nights) and there was a special menu. I think they served Caribbean lobster that night. That was in addition to the other formal night where they served lobster tails. It was a nice cruise. Expensive but better than the other lines' rates and I have that week off from work so it's a shame not to take advantage and go away. I'm doing the Conquest this year.

Archived