First Cruise After LOS Dry Dock

I know this is a ways out, but we are booked on LOS Feb 7TH 2016 sailing, and I was not aware until tonight that she will just be returning from Dry dock for our sailing.

I have read in the past that you don't want to be the first sailing after a dry dock. 1. Because the possibility of them not finishing on time, and cancelling your cruise. 2. Because of things not being finished and put back together, dirty,etc. If this is a fact, I may want to consider changing dates.

Can anyone that has incite on this, please give me your thoughts.

Thanks

The answer to this really depends on the type of cruiser you are.

I always book sailings just prior to and just after dry dock and really enjoy them. I am the type that did not care that the centrum areal show on Serenade could not run due to safety concerns right after dry dock and just enjoyed something else offered.

If you are a heavy planner and insist that everything must be perfect, do not book this cruise. If you are able to roll with the punches, just enjoy. RCI will usually do something like give additional OBC if things do go slightly wrong.

A cancellation following a dry dock would be very rare. They are experts at this and the planning is so meticulous that glitches are usually only minor in scope. They usually do not book these sailings to capacity and that extra space is something I appreciate.

You have the advantage of knowing what work was done on Freedom just now in her dry dock and can know which areas of the ship to avoid. Delays would be in specialty restaurants not open yet or new cabins not completed.

They usually do not open the new cabins for booking and have some flexibility if something were to go wrong at the dry dock.

I dont know id be more worried if i was the last sailing before a dry dock. In Jan 2011 on the Liberty they were tearing everything up mid week and it looked like a mess.