The Zenith, did you like it?

pepelapew

We have sailed on the Zenith 4 times and would sail on her tomorrow if we could. She is a small ahip and the crew is wonderful. They take great pride in her and are all very friendly. We will not sail on her in winter 2006 because of the itinerary change but will be back on her again in 2007. Having just returned from a cruise on a very large ship, the Grand Princess, to Europe, I am convinced that small ships are the way to go and that Celebrity has it all over Princess. Because of itinerary we chose Princess but not again any time soon and definitely not on a "grand" ship.

Ann

We sailed on Zenith twice this summer within 3 months. We LOVED this ship. The crew is so wonderful, warm, gracious, helpful and professional. We were so pampered and they treated my 5 year old like their own child. Zenith's size is just perfect, she is easy to naviagate around and I like seeing many of the same passengers around the ship. It is easy to develop friendships this way. There were never any lines for anything and I always found a chair by the pool. I like the fact that she docks in both Hamilton and St. George Bermuda and there is no need to tender. She is not glitzy or glamourous but has an understated classic elegance to her.

We had no problems on either voyage and I would book her again tomorrow if I could.

We loved the Zenith. We had concierge class room-feel that it was a waste of $-don't get that much for the extra money it cost. We had only one real complaint - our cabin was under the pool area and it was terribly noisy at times from unruly children running back and forth. We also experienced screaming -I mean SCREAMING kids at the pool one afternoon-it was awful and the parents just sat and didn't do a thing to tell the kids to be quiet. We have been on 2 Royal Caribbean cruises (voyager and explorer) and never have had to deal with kids allowed to run wild like they did on this cruise. (I am not that many years past having little kids,mine are now in college) I would not do Zenith again until school had started - it was that bad. There were 320-340 kids on this cruise and most seemed to be elementary school age. There is a kids program, but that ship is not built for kids.

Other than the "kid" problem, I don't have any complaints only praise. The food was wonderful. On Royal Caribbean , I did not like the meals in the Windjammer buffet area-was like dorm food, but the buffet meals on deck 11 of Zenith were excellent. And of course the dining room food was teriffic too. It was no nice to have the area on the back of the boat to eat outside-what a treat. Entertainment was very good-comedy, magic and music.

And Bermuda-what can I say-4 days in paradise. Make sure you go the Swizzle Inn for a Rum Swizzl, it was very tasty; we got a whole pitcher of them! It is only a very short ride from St. George-right on the busline. They have great t-shirts/sweatshirts. Snorkeling-snorkel park was good-go out pretty far, as close in are lots of people who don't know not to stand and stir up the sand. Also we snorkeled at Tobacco Bay. Go early in the day-again all the idiots stand and stir up the sand and visibility really can suffer. Go way out amoung the rocks-wonderful snorkeling. Don't plan on doing much shopping-most things are quite expensive. I did get a very nice gold charm for very cheap $20 or so at Aubrey Jewelers of a small Bermuda onion. They had lots of charms and good prices.

We plan on doing the cruise again next year, just after Labor Day to avoid the kids.

Archived