Dream Embarkation Question

pittypat

It seems from what I have read on CC that a lot of people arrive at 10 am to embark. We are thinking of waiting until around noon to 1 pm to embark and spend a little more time in NOLA. Anyone that has embarked at this time on the Dream is it a very busy time or not? We do have FTTF so that should help some with the wait.

Thanks in advance,

pittypat

If you would wait to 1 pm, the crowd would be gone and you would probably walk right through with no delay. The FTTF more than likely would make no difference as the most would already be on the ship.

I'm definitely doing this our next trip out of NOLA, I hate the waiting around to get on.

If you would wait to 1 pm, the crowd would be gone and you would probably walk right through with no delay. The FTTF more than likely would make no difference as the most would already be on the ship.

I'm definitely doing this our next trip out of NOLA, I hate the waiting around to get on.

sounds great! Thanks.

pittypat

Our boarding pass for this Sunday 3/15/15 says our embarkation time is between 1:30-3:00 pm. I'm planning on having lunch at Acme then heading to port.

When we cruised out of NOLA on Superbowl weekend, when it was held in NOLA and the Saints were playing parking was a mess. The garage was full and a lot of pay lots were full of media tents. Carnival still found us a parking spot a few blocks away for the same price.

If we waited to get to the port at 1pm, is there any chance of the port parking deck being full?

We have sailed out of NO many times and if you wait until 1PM you may be in danger of parking on the top of the parking garage or in a non parking space. With the number of guest on the Dream all the parking spaces in the garage a FULL.

Uh oh, so parking is always like that? I thought it was the Superbowl and the fact that the Elation and NCL ship were boarding at the same time. Do you know how early you can get in the parking garage ? Maybe I could have DH (who rises at dawn) park the truck and cab it back to the hotel.

I have another question related to embarkation. Some of the teens traveling with us want to know if we can get off the ship after check-in for maybe an hour to go to the outlet next door? I didn't know how complicated that was.

We were on the Super Bowl cruise also. The ship was delayed leaving for several hours so people could be parked....That doesn't happen often! But the garage is full with the Dream and soon the Triumph, the Carnival garage will be at capacity.

But I do like to arrive after 1:00..The crowds are gone and you just breeze through.

We were on the Super Bowl cruise also. The ship was delayed leaving for several hours so people could be parked....That doesn't happen often! But the garage is full with the Dream and soon the Triumph' date=' the Carnival garage will be at capacity.

But I do like to arrive after 1:00..The crowds are gone and you just breeze through.[/quote']

And our boarding passes say embarkation is from 1:30-3:00.

I almost had a nervous breakdown waiting for a parking lot on Superbowl weekend and do not want a repeat of that experience. I was sure we would be left behind.

Does anyone know how early you can get in Carnivals garage ? Or if I can buy an extra day at Fulton Street and park a day early and cab it from our hotel

• 3 weeks later...
I have been looking at alternative parking (cheaper )does anyone have suggestions?

We used Fulton Place for our trip March 26th! We had no complaints. We reserved online and had no problems upon arrival. There is a free shuttle that will drop you off and pick you up at the cruise terminal. Cheaper than the cruise terminal too...especially if you book online. We booked uncovered parking on the top of the garage and they told us to park anywhere on the 6th floor-which was covered. Check it out.

We just got off the Dream on Sunday, when we arrived in NOLA we had a bite to eat. We parked around 2:30 in the deck, not in a parking spot...it wasn't a problem. We were on the ship by 3:10, no problems getting through or lines. When we arrived back in port our car was right where we left it! Enjoy.