Price drop question

dogchopper

I recently booked a cruise on the Dream !! And the price has dropped. I didn't book early saver, it's only 69 days till my cruise, is there anything I can do or do I just deal with the price i have ?

I booked an interior for 501 and it's now 479. I don't see upgrading cuz the OV price went way up (679) .. And it's past the 48 hr price guarantee.

So, call or just deal with the price and pout about it..

I recently booked a cruise on the Dream !! And the price has dropped. I didn't book early saver, it's only 69 days till my cruise, is there anything I can do or do I just deal with the price i have ?

I booked an interior for 501 and it's now 479. I don't see upgrading cuz the OV price went way up (679) .. And it's past the 48 hr price guarantee.

So, call or just deal with the price and pout about it..

We called after final payment with no early saver and were able to upgrade from a balcony to an extended balcony, you don't get a refund but our carnival girl did what she could. We have since upgraded to a suite so we are happy cruisers! Like others said all they can say is no! Good luck!

My cruise dropped $40 and it is over the 48 hours. I did an online claim. Who knows, maybe I will get someone who will give me some onboard credit for the difference. Kinda makes me mad since prices are supposed to go up as you get closer to the cruise date, not down.

My cruise dropped $40 and it is over the 48 hours. I did an online claim. Who knows, maybe I will get someone who will give me some onboard credit for the difference. Kinda makes me mad since prices are supposed to go up as you get closer to the cruise date, not down.

Not necessarily. It is all about supply and demand. Prices will go up if the cruise is selling well and there are only a few rooms left. Demand is higher than supply in that case so price goes up. However, if a sailing is getting close and there are a lot of rooms left then prices go down to try and encourage people to cruise at the last minute. Demand is low and supply is high so price goes down. This is simple economics.

My fare dropped $40 so I did an online claim form for both the lowest price guarantee and price protection (when I booked the lady told me it was an early saver fare). Anyway I got an email today stating that it was not an early saver fare. So I called the 800 number to ask what can be done. She did tell me that it was not an early saver so therefore price protection does not come into play. However since it was more than three months away, she changed it and credited my credit card back the $40. She told me that if I see a lower fare before 6/15 (I sail on 8/29) then call and they would adjust again.

Well I just called and they wouldn't do a thing for me :(. Poop!

I may try later today and just see if I can find a person willing to work with me. This lady seems kind of short with me . Ugh

I think that no matter how many times you call, this is one of the things that will result in the same answer each time. After FP unless you have ESA or are within the 48 hours of booking, you won't get any price reduction.

Although if I were in your position I wouldn't be a happy camper it's a lot better than seeing a $100 price reduction that you aren't entitled to get. I hope you get to enjoy your cruise and not worry about this.

My fare dropped $40 so I did an online claim form for both the lowest price guarantee and price protection (when I booked the lady told me it was an early saver fare). Anyway I got an email today stating that it was not an early saver fare. So I called the 800 number to ask what can be done. She did tell me that it was not an early saver so therefore price protection does not come into play. However since it was more than three months away, she changed it and credited my credit card back the $40. She told me that if I see a lower fare before 6/15 (I sail on 8/29) then call and they would adjust again.

I assume that 6/15 date is your final payment date, right? They will adjust prices for many different (not all) fares if it's before final payment date.

I assume that 6/15 date is your final payment date, right? They will adjust prices for many different (not all) fares if it's before final payment date.

I am not sure if this is the final payment since I paid it all off in full when I booked, but sounds like it would be.