Flight connection in new york to london uk

redhydra

Hello,

A flight i am looking for is british airway, from montreal with connection in new york jfk, arriving in ternial 7 i think with american eagle and goeing to terminal 8 to catch a british airways to london to get on Queen elizabeth

Is 6 hour connection is enought? I am asking because i. Read several commentary that 2 hour was too short, so the flight i am looking allow me a 6 hour in between flight, of there is no delay on the first flight of course

Thanks in advance

AA/Eagle's express regional jet lands at JFK's Terminal 8 (AA mainline flights) and since you should have clear any transit formalities for US immigration/custom in Montreal, it will arrive as a domestic flight. Without knowing your specific flight & aircraft flown, I would say expect any and all 20" or 22" carry-on to be gate-checked so you have to wait for luggage on the tarmac and bigger ones on arrival at the carousal - before you can walk outside for the free AirTrain, 1 stop (check for the direction - or you will go in the long loop around) to Terminal 7 - which is United/Cathay & British Air, to go thru check-in, luggage screening & TSA security to your gate.

As you said, 6 hours usually more than enough (3 is doable but 4 hours+ better) assumingn weather, equipment & airport ops are all working in sync. Delays somewhere in the system will have a ripple effect & worsen progressively toward the late afternoon & evening - where most overseas flight to LHR depart after arrival turnaround. The winter weather is almost behind us but spring/summer time thunderstorm & weather can be just as bad in disrupting travel plans. Regional jets and short-haul flights are among the first one to be delayed and/or cancelled.

Are you planning to arrive in London the day before your cruise as that is most preferred and a reminder, travel interruption to protect your investment in cruising. Is there another flight that can take you to JFK in case your confirmed one is not going, even if it is on a different carrier into a different terminal, as long as you have 3 to 4 hours to switch?

It's important to book this on a single ticket as continuation flight so that you are protected by the airline in case of any rebooking and re-routing, and, to interline and transfer your luggage at JFK between AA and BA (in other words, tag all the way thru from Montreal to London without needs to reclaim it at JFK's luggage carousal on arrival.)

While 6 hours is plenty of time to make the connection and be thoroughly bored (especially since you pre-clear immigration at YUL), it would have to be very cheap indeed for me not to just take the non-stop YUL-LHR flight. What is the price difference?

I work behind security often so here is what you have...

Terminal 8 (AA Host Airline) has two concourses so not knowing your flight number it is hard to say which concourse you arrive at. Gate 1 thru 18 (no they skip numbers) is concourse B where there is a food court. Concourse C (there is no A) are the higher number gates and to travel between them you have to go down a long escalator and a moving sidewalk under a taxiway (alleyway) and back up an escalator. Right now All food except Juan Valdez Café/Newslink and other shopping is behind security on the air side. More pre-security shops coming in later 2015

Terminal 7 (British Airways host airline) is a MUCH smaller terminal, one concourse 13 gates (though its 11 and 11A no gate 13). Here all food and shopping is behind security with the exception of Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks at baggage claim.

Go here for list: http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-shops-restaurants-services.html

FWIW

thanks for the informations, that would be useful if i go this way, i would be arriving lne day before my cruise, so that give me a bit of leeway if something happens

I have to admit that i am a bit of a ship and plane buff hoping to compare the boeing 747 vs the new 787 of british airways and since i often travel to london, i am kind of curious of how jfk compare, the prince is. About 150 difference when i checked

I am allowing myself time to think, may be il end up chickening put and book a direct fly to london for fear of missing the since, especially in october, autumnal weather tend to be more chaotic vs winter or early spring