NOLA port arrival time

CruzControl

We will be sailing on the Dream in April, and I am wondering what time you would suggest to arrive at the port. We were not able to get FTTF. When we sailed out of NOLA in 2013 on the Elation, we had the fastest embarkation process ever. 30 minutes from the time the cab dropped us off at the curb to the time we were outside our room. I am not sure if we will be as lucky with the amount of people who will be sailing on the dream. We will have our 2 boys with us and though they are patient, don't want to be waiting 2 hours if we can avoid it. So what time would you all recommend we aim to arrive? Many thanks!!

I think the cab dropped us off at 11, and we were onboard checking to see if our room was ready by 11:30. It was the fastest embarkation that we have ever experienced. We stayed at the Hampton Inn on St. charles ave., and it was great. Parking was included, and they even let us park for no additional charge for the duration of the cruise. We left on a Monday, however, and I don't think there were any other ships in port that day. So that may have explained our quick process. It don't think we will will be as lucky this time on the Dream because it is a much bigger boat (biggest we will have ever sailed), and I think there is another boat in port on the day we leave.

I'm planning to arrive about 10:30 or 11 for my cruise on the Dream in September. I haven't sailed out of New Orleans since 2002. I usually go out of Galveston and once in Port Canaveral. This is the time I usually show up and I've never had FTTF. I'm usually on in about an hour. I hope I can expect the same this time.