Guaranteed Ocean View assigned almost a year ahead?

jenifferf00

I have been pricing our cruise out pretty regularly. We had booked an obstructed ocean (OK) view on the Jade for the January 2016 sailing. The other day I was looking and they had a guaranteed ocean view (OX) for $60 less. I figured since we were already booking the lowest category, why not go for guaranteed and see what we get. I called and they switched my reservation and told me the OX was for only 2 rooms, 8550 or 8050. So we were booked into 8550.

I have my confirmation, we have UBP, and OX in room 8550. Anyone experience this? I kind of like that I know where our room is, but I also wonder if this is subject to change as we're almost a year away.

Edited by jenifferf00

OK is not the lowest category OX is.

OX is also not a guarantee...it is a category with cabins attached to it, and like other categories MAY be a guarantee at NCL's discretion. If you actually booked a guarantee, this would be indicated on your invoice and this assignment is within the parameters of a guarantee booking.

Yep, that is not a guarantee booking since you got to choose a cabin, but an actual chosen cabin in OX category that will not change anymore than other cabins where you have selected the cabin number while booking (Possible? Yes. Probable? No). The cabin is fine, one of the best views for obstructed oceanviews - you did great, OP!

Usually the cabins in *X categories sell out first as they are the cheapest category and that is why most people mistakenly think those are only guarantee categories because many only get a chance of seeing them as such.

I have been pricing our cruise out pretty regularly. We had booked an obstructed ocean (OK) view on the Jade for the January 2016 sailing. The other day I was looking and they had a guaranteed ocean view (OX) for $60 less. I figured since we were already booking the lowest category, why not go for guaranteed and see what we get. I called and they switched my reservation and told me the OX was for only 2 rooms, 8550 or 8050. So we were booked into 8550.

I have my confirmation, we have UBP, and OX in room 8550. Anyone experience this? I kind of like that I know where our room is, but I also wonder if this is subject to change as we're almost a year away.

Be Very careful.

We booked the same ox cabin location on Dawn .

It is the lowest category for a reason .

Our OX on DAWN was next to the hydraulic pump room for the life boats .

The pumps cycle through every 10 minutes or so 24 hrs a day .

NOT A GOOD ROOM .:eek:

Also the workers walk outside your window many times a day, and they leave the lights on all night for the life boats so you must close your blinds day and night .

Edited by biker@sea

I called and they switched my reservation and told me the OX was for only 2 rooms, 8550 or 8050. So we were booked into 8550.
We have sailed in 8550. I remember being surprised, since we booked it super last minute and this cabin was still available, so we snapped it up! (With an oceanview GTY on the Jade, you usually end up on Deck 4 or 5, and we very much prefer Deck 8.)

The cabin is perfectly fine. However, it is right above the Medusa lounge, so you will hear the music in the cabin (quite faintly). Only until around midnight. You might consider asking to be switched to 8050, which would not have this problem.

Here is a photo of the view from 8550.

jade_8550_zpsdbgurn7p.jpg

We have sailed in 8550. I remember being surprised, since we booked it super last minute and this cabin was still available, so we snapped it up! (With an oceanview GTY on the Jade, you usually end up on Deck 4 or 5, and we very much prefer Deck 8.)

The cabin is perfectly fine. However, it is right above the Medusa lounge, so you will hear the music in the cabin (quite faintly). Only until around midnight. You might consider asking to be switched to 8050, which would not have this problem.

Here is a photo of the view from 8550.

jade_8550_zpsdbgurn7p.jpg

Thank you everyone for your insight! And thank you especially for this picture! :) We are going on our first trip without kids, and plan to be up late, also we sleep with the tv on, so the music would likely be a non issue, but I will talk to my husband about switching to 8050.

I am just so excited about this. We were originally booked on a similar itinerary with CCL, but with the UBP this was a much better bang for our buck. We are paying only $100 more than we were on CCL for their inside porthole room for this OX with UBP, maybe $200 more because the flight to Houston vs. Fort Lauderdale looks to be a bit more. For us it is so worth it to not have to think about our bar bill!