Disney Dream - Connecting Balconies?

Max Circus

Has anyone had experience with adjoining cabins on the Dream also having connecting balconies where you can open the divider between them?

Trying to book four adjoining cabins like this on the Dream and the representative says you won't know if this is possible until you get onboard which is a bit frustrating. Any first-hand experience?

When we were on the Dream last summer we got adjoining (not connecting) cabins and the veranda divider was able to be opened. Our stateroom host did that for us. Looking around it appeared that most (but not all) of the dividers could be opened.

When we were on the Dream last summer we got adjoining (not connecting) cabins and the veranda divider was able to be opened. Our stateroom host did that for us. Looking around it appeared that most (but not all) of the dividers could be opened.

Thanks. Do you happen to remember your stateroom number?

My understanding is that the connecting rooms have connecting balconies (again, host will need to remove the dividers.) MOST, but not all, of the other dividers can be removed. So if you get 2 sets of connecting rooms, at worst you'll have 2 big balconies and with a little luck you'll have one super huge balcony.

Connecting rooms have an interior door between them. Adjoining rooms are next to each other with no connecting door.

My understanding is that the connecting rooms have connecting balconies (again' date=' host will need to remove the dividers.) MOST, but not all, of the other dividers can be removed. So if you get 2 sets of connecting rooms, at worst you'll have 2 big balconies and with a little luck you'll have one super huge balcony.

Connecting rooms have an interior door between them. Adjoining rooms are next to each other with no connecting door.[/quote']

Thanks. I was clear on the difference between adjoining and connecting.

Anyone know if the balconies that don't support this are somehow identified in the deck plans? I don't see anything.

Thanks. I was clear on the difference between adjoining and connecting.

Anyone know if the balconies that don't support this are somehow identified in the deck plans? I don't see anything.

It's my understanding that on all verandahs on the Dream (as well as the Fantasy), the dividers do open (not remove). EXCEPT for select ones on deck 10. The ones on deck 10 that don't open are where the superstructure requires solid wall. I don't believe that the deck plans show which do or don't. Maybe by checking room reports you can find out this information.

We had a deck 10 room where one side did open and the other side didn't (10612 - partition on the aft side didn't open, one on the forward side did) . On our deck 9 room both partitions opened (9098).