Another dress code question

Yeah, I was just wondering about the majority so he didn't go in there with a suit and then most don't have one and he looked silly. 7 years ago we did a bunch of cruises and I'd say back then most had a suit on for the formal nights!!

I have found that the majority wear a suit of some type. Granted, it's been two years since my last cruise, but even 4 or 5 years ago, there were people on here saying the same things - that people don't dress up for formal nights any more. I have not found that to be true, in my experience. It is definitely true that, if you don't wear a jacket/suit, you will not be alone. There will be a significant number of men without jackets, but I wouldn't expect it to be the majority.

Anything you choose to wear that isn't published in RCCLs dress guidelines for that specificevening in the MDR.

Understood.

So according to your definition, wearing a tux on a non-formal night would be "getting away with" something? Interesting. :confused:

The bottom line is if RCL allows it, that's the end of it. In 2015, they are evidently allowing a less formal manner of dress - no one is "getting away with" anything.

The bottom line is if RCL allows it, that's the end of it. In 2015, they are evidently allowing a less formal manner of dress - no one is "getting away with" anything.

I wouldn't necessarily say that no one is getting away with anything. They do publish certain things that are not to be worn to dinner in the main dining room, but some people choose to ignore that and wear, for instance, shorts. And, for the most part, the do get away with it, because the employees don't want to have to be fashion cops.

But that's a different definition of getting away with it than davekathy supplied.

gentlemen should wear jackets......folks just stare at those that do not....t

I have yet to see any of this "staring" that you and some others claim takes place anytime someone dares not wear a suit or tux. Are you really so bored when you cruise that you spend your time watching people watch other people?? Or do you mean that YOU stare at the non-suit wearers? Perhaps in some sort of attempt to shame them for their clothing choice? :rolleyes: