drinks package - unusual question/help

I am thinking of getting the drinks package for myself and my husband (he may just get the beer/wine one). I was also planing the soft drinks ones with cocktails and juice for my my 2 girls 22 and 18. We are all in one cabin.

My question is - when I but a cocktail I usually allow my eldest (or previous us holidays and probably would allow both to have the odd sip/ taste of these.- Now I mean sip as my eldest has medical issues which strictly limits how much she could have. An as my youngest will only be 18yr then I would only let her have a taste.

Can I still do this if I have the drinks package or will I be breaking rules.

You will be breaking multiple rules:

Drinks from the drink package cannot be shared.

You are not allowed to give alcohol to underage guests.

We are in Europe so not underage- I would never break that rule - here or abroad - even when my dd was 20 and we went to the US she did not try/taste anything. And my youngest will get her first drink from us on her 18th in line with the law.

If they are not allowed a sip of mine that is fine - I just want to know I don't break the rules- It's a bit of a shame as my 22yr like to at least get the opportunity to taste the odd one even although she can't get one

Edited by fragilek

Your 22 year old can buy all the drinks that they want but your 18 year old is considered underage.

This is not necessarily true. It depends where the OP is sailing from.

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21).

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).

Technically sharing is not allowed. But within reason, no one will say anything. Recently on Jewel of the Seas, a member of our group had the beer and wine package, but the random "Hey try this" happened an the bartenders never said anything.

As long as you are not ordering drinks for another person, you are fine. But that is just my opinion, I am sure others will say you are a bad person for even letting her sip.

-F-

Technically sharing is not allowed. But within reason, no one will say anything. Recently on Jewel of the Seas, a member of our group had the beer and wine package, but the random "Hey try this" happened an the bartenders never said anything.

As long as you are not ordering drinks for another person, you are fine. But that is just my opinion, I am sure others will say you are a bad person for even letting her sip.

-F-

Agreed. As long as you are not ordering full drinks for another person, it shouldn't be a problem. We have done this before right in front of a bar tender or deck waiter and it has never been a problem.