Izumi - Menu Help Please

Cool fact, Japanese don’t export rice to any other country and imports are very controlled to avoid contamination to their local species. Their rice is their pride and joy.

yup. which is why I have been known to beg my friends still stationed there to ship me some on occasion.

I am a sushi snob, having lived in Japan for several years and gotten it from the experts who have been preparing it for decades.

Izumi is the BEST place outside of a Tokyo Susho Go Round that I have ever eaten at. if only they would find a way a way to provide tako yaki I would eat there every night.

Thank you Spookwife. I'm a fellow sushi snob too. I lived in Osaka prefecture for 2 years in the 90's (JET Programme). Now my hubby and I live 1 block from an awesome sushi takeout joint where the owner/chef from Japan tells us we are his best customers. On top of that, I'm also CBC (Canadian born Chinese) living in Toronto where there's a lot of great Chinese and Thai, as well as decent Japanese and Korean if you make the effort to seek it out, so any Asian food is so not exotic for me.

Before i read your post, there was no way I was going to waste a dining experience on my upcoming cruise on Izumi...until I read your post. Thanks for sharing.

PS - I love unagi but my hubby hates it, so this is my chance to have some. :D

PSS - You mentioned takoyaki - were you also living in the Kansai area to by any chance? If so: Moukari makka? Botchi botchi denna! My hubby has an ebelskiver pan from Williams Sonoma but I always think of takoyaki when I see it. ;)