"No solo supplement sale" question

momin05

When I search Carnival's website for No Solo Supplement, it brings up a page with last year's sailing dates. They were all pretty much in October. My question is...does anyone know when they had that sale last year? I am thinking of booking an October girls cruise and not everyone may have a bunk mate, so it would be awesome to book one of these sailings. But I wonder if they are last minute. Does anyone who booked one last year remember when they booked?

When I search Carnival's website for No Solo Supplement, it brings up a page with last year's sailing dates. They were all pretty much in October. My question is...does anyone know when they had that sale last year? I am thinking of booking an October girls cruise and not everyone may have a bunk mate, so it would be awesome to book one of these sailings. But I wonder if they are last minute. Does anyone who booked one last year remember when they booked?

Carnival has pretty much stopped the zero single supplement promotions. The goccl website shows some offers but these days 150% is more the norm for their solo offers.

Don't plan on good deals till Novemberish, and they will be almost last minute. I just saw a singles page on a site, and no cruise lines are offering much at all.

The pdf version is usually kept up to date:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy.ashx

Although I've found it easier to find no Single supplement promo's myself by searching every day since they randomly/occasionally pop up out of the blue.

As to your questions, they are more apt to post them off season.. sept, oct, nov, dec, jan.. etc.. and usually come out within 30 days of travel. The way that carnival offers no SS really requires a person to be very flexible on booking dates within a very short period of time. Because of that, I wouldn't recommend looking for a no single supplement carnival cruise if you are traveling with a group.

Edited by mrneil001

Cntrydncr1, do you remember when you booked?

According to her old posting, it was a cruise last year. Booked 9/19, sailed 9/28.

Those solo offers are really not bookable with lots of advance time. Usually only offered if a sailing isn't selling well.

I booked on November 2nd for an end of January cruise on the Breeze. There was no single supplement on 1a cabins. Got two price drops along the way and ended up on deck 9.

Edited by figdu

I booked a couple solo cabins (Fantasy, 5 day - my easy drive port) last June, about 3 weeks prior to sailing. Paid under $400 each. These were not guarantee cabins, we picked our cabin and paid no additional single supplement. Interesting though - the deal was never listed on Carnival, I thought we would be paying the supplement , but when I called my pvp to book - he's the one who actually told me. And by the way, there were only a handful of cabins when we booked and ship was sold out with a few days.

I booked the Splendor and Glory and Freedom last Oct and November with no solo supplement for the 1As only. Other categories were double.

They started showing in August and September but not advertised. Found them by doing fake bookings.

Heard other ships (Breeze) had no supplement for all cabins.

Just sailed B2B on the Triumph 21 days with no solo supplement for inside guarantee only. These were showing since last November.

Nothing available for this year yet though. Does make me reluctant to book ahead now though, except for the Vista of course. Why pay $1500 for a 10 day cruise I paid $498 for last month. Not to mention having to pay double deposit of $800.

Just paid 150% for SOLO, 1A, aboard "Valor" for April of 2015. There just hasn't been any really good deals ie; No Solo Supplement, so far this year that I've noticed. Hope we get 'em again in the Fall! ;)

"SKY"

What I do is a regular search on carnival but the only parameter I put in is 1 passenger. It then brings up cruises from cheapest to most expensive. This works if they are running a sale or not.

Right now when I do it, I get 3 days to Mexico for $149. It's not technically a zero supplement sale but that's cheap regardless.

I have had great no single supplement deals on Fantasy Class ships out of Florida in May and November. I have had some good 150% single supplement deals on Splendor out of NYC in the Fall. Hopefully these deals come back later in the year.:cool:

I keep an eye out on low/no supplement cruises for some friends, and noticed that there were some sailings from Jacksonville in November that were offering 35% supplements. You just need to keep checking, as I think these types of offers are made to spur bookings and then are removed.

The pdf version is usually kept up to date:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy.ashx

Although I've found it easier to find no Single supplement promo's myself by searching every day since they randomly/occasionally pop up out of the blue.

As to your questions, they are more apt to post them off season.. sept, oct, nov, dec, jan.. etc.. and usually come out within 30 days of travel. The way that carnival offers no SS really requires a person to be very flexible on booking dates within a very short period of time. Because of that, I wouldn't recommend looking for a no single supplement carnival cruise if you are traveling with a group.

I went to your link, but it only shows 150% rates, not the no-single-supplement the OP was looking for.

gary

Carnival Elation out of NOLA on May 21. Zero single supplement $429. Four nights.

Carnival Valor out of Port Canaveral on May 8. Three percent single supplement $883. Eight nights.

Not the best fares I've seen since we are going into peak travel season when rates overall are higher. If you want a really good deal, you'll likely have to wait until fall--past peak travel season. Of course rates change constantly.

Carnival Elation out of NOLA on May 21. Zero single supplement $429. Four nights.

Carnival Valor out of Port Canaveral on May 8. Three percent single supplement $883. Eight nights.

Not the best fares I've seen since we are going into peak travel season when rates overall are higher. If you want a really good deal, you'll likely have to wait until fall--past peak travel season. Of course rates change constantly.

Not bad though....for now...thank you very much!!!!

Just a supposition, but I think Carnival is making decisions that reflect pricing at Royal Caribbean. In general, Royal Caribbean prices have increased dramatically. Their CEO has publicly stated that customers should not expect big last minute price drops. They stopped heavily reduced fares for singles being offered, though they have backed off that somewhat and offer very limited opportunities weekly at 150% - too close to the cruise for booking reasonable airfare. It wasn't long ago I was finding single fares for half-rate.

And Carnival seems to have reacted by doing the same - to an extent. Though I know it won't apply to everyone's experience, but the cruises I have looked at have had a substantial increase from fares a year ago. Single fare amounts are increasing and harder to find.

Carnival seems to have found that they can do this, especially for 7 or more day cruises, and still be priced lower than the primary competition. I know good deals can still be found; but it seems, so to speak, most boats are rising with the increased price tide.

Bummer the solo supplements are not widely available like they were last year. I was able to afford to take 4 cruises in 14 months. It looks like I will cut that down to 2 cruises a year. I feel blessed I can still do 2 a year.

Edited by JohnSpo

Just a supposition, but I think Carnival is making decisions that reflect pricing at Royal Caribbean. In general, Royal Caribbean prices have increased dramatically. Their CEO has publicly stated that customers should not expect big last minute price drops. They stopped heavily reduced fares for singles being offered, though they have backed off that somewhat and offer very limited opportunities weekly at 150% - too close to the cruise for booking reasonable airfare. It wasn't long ago I was finding single fares for half-rate.

I agree Royal and Celebrity used to have good solo pricing wheras now solos pay double most of the time. Carnival used to offer the all 1As for 150% supplement and they were a good deal especially the 1A with portholes. Now they are usually double.

No solo supplement is even better though and kudos to Carnival for offering these prices even sporadically.