Upcoming cruise question

DJW8385

My mom and I are sailing on the Carnival Magic on 3/29/15. We're flying into HOU and then renting a car for the day and on the morning of the cruise we'll return the car and take the shuttle to Galveston. On the morning of the cruise, what's the earliest time we can be at the airport to get on the shuttle?

Since it's just my mom and I, can we get a table for us or we have to share a table with other guest? If we can get our own table, how do we go about that?

My mom and I are sailing on the Carnival Magic on 3/29/15. We're flying into HOU and then renting a car for the day and on the morning of the cruise we'll return the car and take the shuttle to Galveston. On the morning of the cruise, what's the earliest time we can be at the airport to get on the shuttle?

Since it's just my mom and I, can we get a table for us or we have to share a table with other guest? If we can get our own table, how do we go about that?

I can't answer the questions about Galveston, because I've never been there.

Regarding dining: If you have selected Your Time Dining for your cruise, just ask for a table for 2 each night. If you have an assigned dining time then request a table for 2 from the Maitre D

I can't answer to the shuttle times, but their will likely be a car rental location for your car company on Galveston Island. You could return your car there & let them shuttle you to the ship or grab a taxi. It would be a lot cheaper than the cruise line shuttle.

If you want to do the cruise line shuttle, I would think you should be able to call your travel agent or Carnival & get that info. I know, its easier if someone on these boards can answer the question, so hopefully someone will chime in before you have to call.

You will LOVE the Magic. She is such a nice ship. They have plenty of tables for two in the Main Dining Rooms as well as the Anytime Dining Room. My husband & I enjoy our quiet one on one time on cruises, so we always request tables for two. If you are Anytime, just tell the person checking you in you want a table for "two only". If you are in a regular dining room, call the Maitre D staff from your stateroom when you board & let them know your request. We have never had a hard time getting ours fulfilled.

Go to El Capitano the Italian restaurant if you get a chance. It is wonderful & very inexpensive for a specialty restaurant. We usually eat there three nights on a seven day cruise. Lunch there is free & is just as tasty, but has a more casual menu without the higher end items.

I can't answer to the shuttle times, but their will likely be a car rental location for your car company on Galveston Island. You could return your car there & let them shuttle you to the ship or grab a taxi. It would be a lot cheaper than the cruise line shuttle.

If you want to do the cruise line shuttle, I would think you should be able to call your travel agent or Carnival & get that info. I know, its easier if someone on these boards can answer the question, so hopefully someone will chime in before you have to call.

You will LOVE the Magic. She is such a nice ship. They have plenty of tables for two in the Main Dining Rooms as well as the Anytime Dining Room. My husband & I enjoy our quiet one on one time on cruises, so we always request tables for two. If you are Anytime, just tell the person checking you in you want a table for "two only". If you are in a regular dining room, call the Maitre D staff from your stateroom when you board & let them know your request. We have never had a hard time getting ours fulfilled.

Go to El Capitano the Italian restaurant if you get a chance. It is wonderful & very inexpensive for a specialty restaurant. We usually eat there three nights on a seven day cruise. Lunch there is free & is just as tasty, but has a more casual menu without the higher end items.

Thanks for your response. I'm checking on enterprise as we speak to see if I can rent a car from HOU and drop off at Galveston. Hopefully this is possible as it will save us some $. I'm excited to go on the Magic. I was on the Dream in August and we loved it! My only wish is to have guys burgers on the Magic, but that won't stop my fun.

Re the table if you have My time dining ask or book for table for two.

If you have traditional dining you will be assigned a table go to the MDR on boarding and ask if you can change to a table for two, if you aren't assigned one, but there are no guarantees as to availability.

Many people enjoy sharing a table and some make life long friends over diner.

if your cruise begins on a Sunday the car rental place in Galveston is closed. We loved sailing from Galveston but getting from the Houston airport to the galveston port is a pain.

• 3 weeks later...
if your cruise begins on a Sunday the car rental place in Galveston is closed. We loved sailing from Galveston but getting from the Houston airport to the galveston port is a pain.

Have we sailed together before ?

Tom

Generally, if you rent at one location and drop off at a different location, you are charged a "drop-off" fee (just about every car rental line except Hertz). This fee is generally $50 or more. This fee often makes the cost of the "one way" rental car more expensive than shuttles.