Milestone

camper49

How long after ones 24th cruise do they receive "the letter" about OBC for their 25th cruise?

We completed Cruise #24 on Feb 14/2015. Received an e document on Mar. 6 that we had 25% milestone. However no other info was given on how this 25% could be used.

I only know from reading here on CC that on our 25th cruise or cruise 26-49, we can choose to apply this credit and get 25% of our fare for the cruise we choose to apply it to and get it as OBC.

After my 24th cruise I received a letter in a handwritten envelope:D. Mom and Sis completed their 25th cruise not long after. Mom got an odd email, Sis got nothing.

The cruise has to be booked within 18months and the cruise has to be taken within two years of the date on the letter.

The OBC wasn't placed on our billing statement til a few days before we sailed. I was told they don't do it til a week or two until the cruise.

We had lots of OBC on our HI cruise with the Milestone, Book Onboard, and Shareholders Credits.

Edited by SadieN

We completed Cruise #24 on Feb 14/2015. Received an e document on Mar. 6 that we had 25% milestone. However no other info was given on how this 25% could be used.

I only know from reading here on CC that on our 25th cruise or cruise 26-49, we can choose to apply this credit and get 25% of our fare for the cruise we choose to apply it to and get it as OBC.

The 25% for the 25th Milestone is only available as OBC. The OBC is posted just a couple of days before your cruise in case you get any price reductions. The OBC is non-refundable and must be used on the cruise - or else take it out via the slot machine method.

The 25% OBC is calculated on the base fare of the person who attained the 25th Milestone and not on the entire cabin. You call the Milestone desk number and they will work with you to get this applied. If two people in the cabin both have the 25% Milestone then you can use both of them on the same cruise or you can use them on different cruises.

We wanted to use ours for our 25th cruise and there were only a couple of months between #24 and #25 so we never received the letter but dealt with the Milestone desk.

How long after ones 24th cruise do they receive "the letter" about OBC for their 25th cruise?

I never got any letter or notification that I had reached the 25th milestone. I had to call my PVP and ask about it, and then after that I received an email with absolutely no information in it (no text at all), but there was an attachment that looks like a plain invoice that simply states "25% milestone, order total .01, payment .01, balance due .00." All of that means absolutely nothing except the part about 25% milestone. If I did not know the significance of that, this email would have told me nothing.

My PVP told me that I can use the benefit on a cruise of my choice from number 26 through 49 for onboard credit equal to 25% of my cruise fare.

I have not used it yet because I've had 2 free cruises offered to me since then. I'm saving it for an expensive cruise and will be watching Carnival's new unique offerings to see what interests me.

Congratulations on reaching 25th milestone! :-)

Congrats on your 25th!

I'm not close(I've got my 7th booked), but my parents are getting close to their 25th. Hopefully, this will still be a perk by then.

With my luck, when I reach my 25th cruise(halfway there),Carnival will discontinue that benefit, LOL ! :eek:

The one cent each is posted to our Alaska cruise, for our 50th Milestone redemption. Our PVP took care of setting it up. One difference, for us, is that we will be at the 79th when using the 50th. So, maybe they are a bit flexible. Need to find a pricey one for the 75th credits. :)

We just returned from our 25th cruise and within a week of our return we each received a letter from Carnival congratulating us on 25 cruises and giving us the milestone Rewards phone number 877-225-8477. On the 25th cruise we received a white Sail N Sign card denoting 25 cruises and will return to the Platinum card on the next sailing. For us, the 25% OBC will be used on our 27th cruise to Hawaii later this year. The instructions in the letter said book your cruise as usual and then call the number above to request the OBC. You should have your VIFP number and the Milestone Rewards code listed in the letter when you call. If you never got the letter, I would call the number above and have them check on your status just to make sure all of your cruises are showing in the system.

We saved our OBC for the Hawaii cruise and we booked the cruise while aboard the Freedom so we will have a hefty amount of OBC :)

Good luck on your 25th cruise as we did not get any information from Carnival until AFTER the 25th cruise. We kept hearing that after the 24th you will receive something but........

We just returned from our 25th cruise and within a week of our return we each received a letter from Carnival congratulating us on 25 cruises and giving us the milestone Rewards phone number 877-225-8477. On the 25th cruise we received a white Sail N Sign card denoting 25 cruises and will return to the Platinum card on the next sailing. For us, the 25% OBC will be used on our 27th cruise to Hawaii later this year. The instructions in the letter said book your cruise as usual and then call the number above to request the OBC. You should have your VIFP number and the Milestone Rewards code listed in the letter when you call. If you never got the letter, I would call the number above and have them check on your status just to make sure all of your cruises are showing in the system.

We saved our OBC for the Hawaii cruise and we booked the cruise while aboard the Freedom so we will have a hefty amount of OBC :)

Good luck on your 25th cruise as we did not get any information from Carnival until AFTER the 25th cruise. We kept hearing that after the 24th you will receive something but........

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - we just got back from our 25th Carnival cruise and are hoping to use the milestone benefit on the Vista in Europe next summer.

Here is my questions, my Travel agent told me if we had the fare reduced with our milestone that we would lose our on board credit with them, has anyone else had this happen? I think that I can call the Milestone desk myself before we sail, right and perhaps avoid having them keep more of the on board credit.

Secondly, does it make the most sense (myself, husband and 13 year old also reached 25 sails now too) for my husband and I to use the milestone credit together and to wait with our sons milestone until we have a 2nd cabin since his fare is lower as the 3rd guest in the cabin?

Thanks!

We didnt wait. Got home called out pvp to arrange hawaii for 25th and she handled it. Did get a letter eventually so we still have one more.

Too bad you didn't book onboard and get OBC.

Hi - we just got back from our 25th Carnival cruise and are hoping to use the milestone benefit on the Vista in Europe next summer.

Here is my questions, my Travel agent told me if we had the fare reduced with our milestone that we would lose our on board credit with them, has anyone else had this happen? I think that I can call the Milestone desk myself before we sail, right and perhaps avoid having them keep more of the on board credit.

Secondly, does it make the most sense (myself, husband and 13 year old also reached 25 sails now too) for my husband and I to use the milestone credit together and to wait with our sons milestone until we have a 2nd cabin since his fare is lower as the 3rd guest in the cabin?

Thanks!

That doesn't make ANY sense. No money is coming out of the TA's pocket.

Milestone Credit is not a fare, it is a loyalty reward. It is combinable with other forms of OBC.

Don't wait too long to use your son's milestone credit. There is a time limit 18months? Two years?

Is there a time limit on when we have to use the Milestone by? I thought it could be used up to our next milestone?

We saved our 50th for almost two years. It doesn't have to be used before your next milestone. We will be well over our 75th when using our 50th, for Alaska, in May. The total OBC doesn't show up until a couple of days before you sail, on your documents. This is so the actual base price paid is correct for the percentage. We were offered an upgrade to our balcony for $40 additional, so $20 of that will be added to our OBC. :) These milestone awards are actually quite generous.