Just booked with cavetubing.bz...is this normal?

thehams

We just booked a cave tubing/zip line tour with cavetubing.bz for our September cruise.

I asked what time we need to meet and he said I will wait until you get off the boat, but asked for us to take the earliest possible tender (he is aware passengers with ship booked excursions get first priority)

Is this normal, not to give a time? He'll just wait until whenever for us?

Here is what I received from them when I booked:

"Please make sure to come off the ship early in order to have plenty of time before the last tender.

When you arrive at the cruise terminal there are 2 security guards at the door and you can ask them where TERMINAL 1 is if you are not sure. Meet us OUTSIDE TERMINAL 1. Following the instructions will take you 5-10 minutes to meet us. We wear yellow polo shirts that saycavetubing.bz and you must ask for Vitalino Sr. or Vitalino Jr.

Please take the earliest possible tender to mainland. I know it is difficult to take the earliest tender because the Cruise Ships always give priority to those who book with them, but please take note that once your reservation is confirmed I will wait for you until you arrive. However, if you want to have a very enjoyable day in Belize at a slow pace please come off the ship early."

I image they want to leave as early as possible, but will wait if you can't get on the first tender -

I have used cavetubing.bz before and it was THE BEST!

Someone from their organization will be waiting for you when you get there.

They have people waiting in the port for most of the day, its not a certain person waiting for certain people, they are a large organization and each group leaves when they have a van full.

We didn't have to wait long at all.

Vans were air conditioned. We didn't have to carry our tubes for the most part.

Wear shoes with a hard bottom! I cannot stress enough how sharp the tiny rocks are.

Even if all you have is old tennis shoes that you don't mind getting wet, swim shoes is not a good idea.

It is a long, peaceful walk, stress free inclines/declines so long as you aren't feeling every rock you step on in your water shoes.

They will have shoes avail for rent (I think its $3 a day)

I'm not crazy about the idea of shared shoes but I wish I would have known in advance so I could have gotten a pair.

All cavetubing excursions in Belieze go to the same area but our group with .bz seemed to be the happiest. Others had to carry their tubes the entire way.

Absolutely normal. They will be there when you arrive.

They want you to get off the ship as quickly as you can and get on your way (since it is about a hour drive there). They have several vans outside the port waiting and when one fills up, there's still another one there. They have a list of everyone booked and know who all is showing up. :) No worries.

• 2 weeks later...