Need help deciding 3/4 or 2/12?

gryffin123

We are trying to decide whether to cruise on Mar 4, 2016 and Feb 12, 2016. Both are the 10 day eastern itinerary on the Equinox. We generally like to go in Feb because by then we are tired of winter. However, the net cost of the Mar 4 itinerary is almost $900 less. Are there other reasons to choose one over the other? We will most likely do some sort of water-based activity in all the ports.

There's a reason feb 12 is priced higher. As you noted it's the best time of year to escape the winter doldrums. Plus it's nice to celebrate Valentine's Day onboard a romantic ship.

We're also booked on the feb 12 Equinox. Fourth year in a row.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the 2/13/15 10-day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Equinox. The President's Holiday in 2016 is 2/15 so you'll probably get more kids and a more diverse group of ages. If that's something you don't mind (or prefer), keep that in mind. That's what happened on our February 13th cruise.

But on the other hand, March is prime time school break month.

You will see fewer families on a 10 day cruise and chances are the children you could encounter will be young. Not many school systems allow students to miss so many days.

It's a toss up but look at your options...Celebrity and 10 days of warm Caribbean sun.....

I think we are leaning toward March- our last cruise was 2/28, which was still very much winter enough to want to get away. March 4 is only 4 days later. I'm also trying to plan a second cruise for this fall, so it spaces them out more.

Is the weather a little better in the Caribbean in March? On our last two cruises, we were told in a couple of ports that it was still a bit "cold" for the locals. (Having said this, we found that it was plenty warm for us!)

I think we are leaning toward March- our last cruise was 2/28, which was still very much winter enough to want to get away. March 4 is only 4 days later. I'm also trying to plan a second cruise for this fall, so it spaces them out more.

Is the weather a little better in the Caribbean in March? On our last two cruises, we were told in a couple of ports that it was still a bit "cold" for the locals. (Having said this, we found that it was plenty warm for us!)

The cruises you're deciding between are only 3 weeks apart, so the weather temperature differentiation will be minimal. I'm sure the locals get cold once it dips below 60, while it'll take single digits for many people to complain.

Will we have to worry about rowdy spring breakers on a 10-day March cruise?

Wouldn't say so, 3/4 is a bit on the early side for. 3/11, 3/18 is peak spring break time.

My opinion is most locals get cold at 70* :D

We are trying to decide whether to cruise on Mar 4, 2016 and Feb 12, 2016. Both are the 10 day eastern itinerary on the Equinox. We generally like to go in Feb because by then we are tired of winter. However, the net cost of the Mar 4 itinerary is almost $900 less. Are there other reasons to choose one over the other? We will most likely do some sort of water-based activity in all the ports.

We are booked for March 4 too. We did that same cruise last year and loved everything about it including the weather. Plus, we travel from Philly and don't want to get snowed in. Weather is a little better come March, regarding blizzards. Although we fly to Ft. Lauderdale a day or two before the cruise.

Plus! $900 can buy lots of martinis and Molecular bar drinks!