1st NCL(decade) and Epic few questions please:-)

luv2gonow

Hi,

I am doing the Mediterean Land/Cruise tour on the Epic this summer. Embarking in Rome.....sooooo excited:D

I know this is a very port intensive cruise plus we would have been touring for a week already with long days.

I know there are so many restaurants and things to do on Epic.

What should I not miss?

I think I have narrowed down Cagneys and maybe Hibachi restaurants?

Do they have a full dinner buffet each night. I am thinking might want to just grab a quick bite for dinner some nights and just relax.

What shows should I not miss? And any activities?

What are your favorite things to do on Epic.

Only one sea day so I am sure pool chair hogging will be at an all time high.

Does the crew watch for that or is it a free for all?

Also Is there a coffee maker in room? Balcony room was thinking of bringing my favorite herbal tea and maybe the instant expresso coffee.

Lastly...what private taxi company do you recommend from Rome to airport?

Any other tips?

Thanks

Kerri

I did the Mediterranean cruise only on the Epic last year, embarking in Barcelona. Loved it! I have a review in my signature block if you would like to see it but I'll just say that it's very intensive with the ports.

On the Epic I didn't see any shows so I can't speak to those but I did love the spa. While I only did the buffet and the Chef's Table on that cruise, I did eat at both the noodle bar and Wasbi on my previous Epic cruise and enjoyed both.

The buffet is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner so no worries there. O'Sheehans was open 24 hours in case you ever needed anything when the MDR or buffet was not open.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by CoffeeGoddess

I did the Mediterranean cruise only on the Epic last year, embarking in Barcelona. Loved it! I have a review in my signature block if you would like to see it but I'll just say that it's very intensive with the ports.

On the Epic I didn't see any shows so I can't speak to those but I did love the spa. While I only did the buffet and the Chef's Table on that cruise, I did eat at both the noodle bar and Wasbi on my previous Epic cruise and enjoyed both.

The buffet is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner so no worries there. O'Sheehans was open 24 hours in case you ever needed anything when the MDR or buffet was not open.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks....I read your review and it was great!!

I am interested in hearing more about the beach clubs in Cannes and Palma.

So it was 25 euros PP in Palma with chair, towel and a drink? Any umbrellas.

How far of a walk were they?

Thanks

Kerri

The Palma one didn't have chairs with attached umbrellas but they did have them scattered around. I had a chair under a tree so was shaded most of the day. In my last post of my review I have a link to a Google map showing it was about an 18 minute walk from the shuttle drop off to the beginning of the beach. There were other clubs further down the beach but I didn't make it down there.

Here's a pic showing the umbrellas: 14686274605_4658332eba_n.jpg

I can't remember how much the Cannes clubs were but I do remember that most of them had both half day and full day rates. There were plenty to choose from since they were all along the beach and there were only a few places that were public areas. When you got off the tenders there were beaches both to the left and right but I went right. It was about a 10 minute walk until I hit the beach.

Edited by CoffeeGoddess

The Palma one didn't have chairs with attached umbrellas but they did have them scattered around. I had a chair under a tree so was shaded most of the day. In my last post of my review I have a link to a Google map showing it was about an 18 minute walk from the shuttle drop off to the beginning of the beach. There were other clubs further down the beach but I didn't make it down there.

Here's a pic showing the umbrellas: 14686274605_4658332eba_n.jpg

I can't remember how much the Cannes clubs were but I do remember that most of them had both half day and full day rates. There were plenty to choose from since they were all along the beach and there were only a few places that were public areas. When you got off the tenders there were beaches both to the left and right but I went right. It was about a 10 minute walk until I hit the beach.

Thanks for all the great info :-)those umbrellas look amazing!

The buffet is great for grabbing a quick meal after a busy day. Also o'Sheehans is a good option.

Great to hear....yea I heard blue man group is leaving :-(

Great for people that have sailed her already though:-)

Kerri

Didn't care for the second city shows, had a great time at the dueling pianos, the karaoke was good to watch, we enjoyed the staff show( was around 1 pm on sea day). And we enjoyed the circus show( food wasn't the best)

Thanks for the info. Will keep a close eye on entertainment changes that happen. With the long port days probably will just want to completely chill out.

Might take a seat near the door for a quick exit;)

still deciding on Cirque. we are a party of 4 and 2 are free from UDP upgrade

was gonna pay for other 2 but my daughter won't eat any of the food I am sure.....so picky. not sure it is worth it.

Kerri

Kerri- I used a local driver who was recommended by a nice restaurant couple we befriended last summer in Rome. I have his number if you would like it, our cost was 40 EUR, half the price that our hotel quoted.

Is that from ship to airport in Rome?

Does he speak any English?

Thanks

Kerri