Papeete to Moorea?

crowpro

The weather would have to be very bad for them to cancel all the ferries, all day. The fast catamarans maybe, but there's a bigger car ferry that looked very ship-like to me--I would imagine it can go in almost any weather. I wouldn't worry too much about this issue.

What if you stay on Moorea pre-cruise and then plan on taking the ferry back to Papeete on embarkation day and the weather is bad? Is that a problem or do the ferries always run.

Thanks

While I agree this is probably a question better put in the Ports of Call forum, I can tell you that I've been there three times and taken the ferry back and forth, including one time when it was pouring rain and the swells were huge. I remember feeling a little green on that ride :o but the ferry still ran.

It's not a long ride - 30 to 40 minutes - and it's in a channel so unless you're in the midst of a SERIOUS storm (very rare for that part of the world - they do not get hurricanes or cyclones there), the ferry will run.

It's not a long ride - 30 to 40 minutes - and it's in a channel so unless you're in the midst of a SERIOUS storm (very rare for that part of the world - they do not get hurricanes or cyclones there), the ferry will run.

Well, I do beg to differ on one point, LeeAnne, they do occasionally get cyclones (the dock at Motu Mahana got swept away by one.) But...if there is such a SERIOUS storm, no doubt the cruise would be affected too, not just the ferries, lol!

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer