Luggage tags

bradleyk

Last year when we sailed on RCCI we stapled the luggage tags. I was wanting to buy luggage tag holders this time, so I wondering if NCL Getway tags are wide or narrow?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

All NCL ships now use the wide tags. I am booked on the Breakaway in April and the luggage tags fit the wide Cruise Critic tags holders very well.

All NCL ships now use the wide tags. I am booked on the Breakaway in April and the luggage tags fit the wide Cruise Critic tags holders very well.

Is that something new? We did a cruise on the Pearl last October, and the luggage tag was the "narrow" type (the ones they have had for at least 10-12 years). Here is a photo of one of my luggage tags from a couple of years ago, and one luggage tag from October 2014, and as you can see they were the same type....

1906786012_Luggagetag.jpg.7f5c5683124570d75ba5d66c003c3b5a.jpg

IMG_20140929_0004.jpg.dcbd981a43bb1c05f900654b37c1a7f6.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNor

Is that something new? We did a cruise on the Pearl last October, and the luggage tags was the "narrow" type (the ones they have had for at least 10-12 years). Here is a photo of on of my luggage tags from a couple of years ago, and the luggage tag from last October (2014) was very similar....

Yes, that is new. I don't know when they changed it as I too had the narrow tags on the Star out of New Orleans in March 2013. I have read on other posts here that all the NCL ships now use the wide ones. I just downloaded my eDocs for the Breakaway in April and they are wide.

Hopefully someone else will chime in and confirm.

Yes, that is new. I don't know when they changed it as I too had the narrow tags on the Star out of New Orleans in March 2013. I have read on other posts here that all the NCL ships now use the wide ones. I just downloaded my eDocs for the Breakaway in April and they are wide.

Hopefully someone else will chime in and confirm.

That is actually good news, then they will fit well in to almost any cruise luggage tag holder (the older ones didn't...), so no more need to "laminate" them to protect against weather and/or handling..... :)

Edited by TrumpyNor

I recently downloaded our tags for the Gem in May and they are indeed the wide ones. I had previously read on other threads here that NCL did switch to these.

Here is a photo of my new tags in the Cruise Critic holders They are 3 inches wide.

IMG_0875.jpg.415c15c5f12703535a68cb19e0b10cd5.jpg

Here is a photo of my new tags in the Cruise Critic holders They are 3 inches wide.[/quote

Why do you need luggage tag holders???? If you follow directions on how to use them.... they work fine!! have done that MANY times .. no need for anything else!!

Here is a photo of my new tags in the Cruise Critic holders They are 3 inches wide.[/quote

Why do you need luggage tag holders???? If you follow directions on how to use them.... they work fine!! have done that MANY times .. no need for anything else!!

Just because they will be more protected from weather and rough handling (more protected than the ones you print yourself, on regular paper, and then just staple around the handle of your suitcase)...

I have always laminated mine in the past, and find it easier to have luggage tag holders instead - especially since they don't cost much....

Edited by TrumpyNor

I know luggage tag holders are not needed. It worked fine for us last year to just fold and staple. But with flying to Miami this time, we drove to Port Canaveral for our RCCI Enchantment of the Seas cruise, I think it would be easier to just have the tags inside my luggage for our flight. Then to easily attach them when we are at our hotel the night before we sail.

I ordered holders from Amazon and they are perfect! They have a screw tpe closure to re-use and an imprint of a cruise ship on one side. I think they were 18.00 for a set of 8. Love them!

Do you happen to have a link for them?

Pop me an email and I will send you a couple of the large soft plastic holders....RAK. You will need a zip tie to attach to your luggage.

Email is in my signature.

Last year when we sailed on RCCI we stapled the luggage tags. I was wanting to buy luggage tag holders this time, so I wondering if NCL Getway tags are wide or narrow?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

Edited by NancyL2
added info

Pop me an email and I will send you a couple of the large soft plastic holders....RAK. You will need a zip tie to attach to your luggage.

Email is in my signature.

Thank you! I just sent you an email... What is RAK?

Do we need luggage tags on bags that we carry on or just the ones we check?

Only the ones you check.

Also, you can get the regular tags from porters at the port, you don't need to print your own if you don't want to or it is inconvinient - we never print our own and have managed just fine.

How many tag holders do you need? I have about 6 I can send as a RAK

Email in sig.

Thanks for starting this post. While I realize you don't need to purchase nice luggage tag holders, I would rather do that. I'm going to try to find the ones on Amazon and buy a bunch to give to my relatives.