Is 10:30am too early to arrive at Port of Boston

Charxu

We are staying at the Best Western in Quincy before our cruise in May out of Boston and the shuttle times they have are 10am or noon. I think 10am is too early but noon is kind of late. We want to get on the ship and enjoy lunch but our room won`t be ready. We are in a suite, does anyone know when the rooms are ready or are suites ready before the other rooms. Is arriving at the port at 10:30am too early. We have only cruised Carnival and arrived around 11:30am to check in. Thanks

10:30 is too early to board but will be fine for check in. You will wait in the suite waiting area and board about 11:30. Suites are not ready any earlier than other staterooms. They will take you straight to Cagneys for lunch. Last few times on the Dawn they let the suite guests drop off carry on in the room, but not hang around.

Edited by rvsullivan

I try for that .

It's nice to be seated in the aft. MDR as the open for lunch .:)

By the time your finished lunch room are ready most of the time .:D

They are in a suite, so they'll have a choice of the regular lunch areas (of those that are open this first day), and Cagney's, which is breakfast/lunch for suite passengers.

As for arrival time, you should be fine.

It will take a bit of time to get through the paperwork/ID and get your key card.

And then you'll have a seat in the waiting area for suite passengers, where there will be a few refreshments.

(Last fall, in Boston, the suite seating area was just a open space in the big terminal. The refreshments were in a small room, so it wasn't so obvious. In Miami, the refreshments were on tables right in the separate room for seating.)

When it's time for priority boarding, they'll take you in small groups in the order you arrived, so you would probably be among the first, if you arrive extra early.

GeezerCouple

In a suite or not. I always get there around 10:30. I feel so much more relaxed being on site checked in.

We do too, if not earlier. Once I'm at the terminal I'm happy. It steadily fills up and gets more exciting by the minute.

They are in a suite, so they'll have a choice of the regular lunch areas (of those that are open this first day), and Cagney's, which is breakfast/lunch for suite passengers.

As for arrival time, you should be fine.

It will take a bit of time to get through the paperwork/ID and get your key card.

And then you'll have a seat in the waiting area for suite passengers, where there will be a few refreshments.

(Last fall, in Boston, the suite seating area was just a open space in the big terminal. The refreshments were in a small room, so it wasn't so obvious. In Miami, the refreshments were on tables right in the separate room for seating.)

When it's time for priority boarding, they'll take you in small groups in the order you arrived, so you would probably be among the first, if you arrive extra early.

GeezerCouple

I don't care for Cagney's very limited lunch menu .:(

I do love their breakfast buffet and filet . ( not the french press coffee though )

We are staying at the Best Western in Quincy before our cruise in May out of Boston and the shuttle times they have are 10am or noon. I think 10am is too early but noon is kind of late. We want to get on the ship and enjoy lunch but our room won`t be ready. We are in a suite, does anyone know when the rooms are ready or are suites ready before the other rooms. Is arriving at the port at 10:30am too early. We have only cruised Carnival and arrived around 11:30am to check in. Thanks

Take the 10am shuttle. Black Falcon cruise terminal in Boston is not the best. Can become very crowded even with a roped area for suite people. Those getting there later could get stacked up.