Getaway Free Fall Slide

ejkmomco

I'm getting conflicting information on the free fall slides on the Getaway. The "rules" photos I've seen don't say you need close toed/heel shoes - I don't know how old the photos are. I've also read posts that state close toe/heel shoes are required.

For those of you that have recently travelled on the Getaway, are water shoes required for the free fall slides (or any of the slides)?

Thank you for your help! I want to get the water shoes if we need them for our 5/30/15 trip :-)

No. I was on Getaway in mid-Feb and water shoes aren't required. As a matter of fact the Free Fall slides are very strict on limiting any catch or snag hazard. No sunglasses, earrings, piercings, ect.. They even have foam backboards for females with metal clasps on their swimwear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No shoes or sandals are permitted on the slides. The freefall slides prohibit any jewelry too like rings or earrings. The other slides permit jewelry.

The rope course requires close toed shoes and nothing in your pockets. I had a fanny pack and they still refused me. You are not permitted to have any belongings in pockets either for the rope course.