I miss the ship life

vols159

It's been 2 years since the wife and I last set sail on a ship... And with a new 10 month old it may be a few more :( I miss my pretzel sticks the washy washy happy happy staff

What I miss most is the escape from the Internet how peaceful it is to shut the phone down and disconnect and set sail to beautiful ports!

What you just mentioned are some of the things that made me fall in love with cruising! I love not having to worry about what to make for dinner ( or the clean up), the feeling of being out on the ocean, visiting all the different ports, and best of all, NO PHONE! :D

Going on first cruise next month. The no phone thing is what has me terrified the most. Luckily we have t-mobile and t-mobile has coverage in Mexico which is 2 of our ports.

Going on first cruise next month. The no phone thing is what has me terrified the most. Luckily we have t-mobile and t-mobile has coverage in Mexico which is 2 of our ports.

Watch those data charges may come back with a phone bill higher than a Morgage payment. It's peacefully just to cut your phone off and not have to worry about emails Facebook Or anything but when we cruised before we didn't have any children yet..

Watch those data charges may come back with a phone bill higher than a Morgage payment. It's peacefully just to cut your phone off and not have to worry about emails Facebook Or anything but when we cruised before we didn't have any children yet..

We checked with t-mobile. Apparantly there is no such thing as roaming with them anymore. We have worldwide coverage with data and Texting. There are some fees for voice if you are not using WiFi calling.

I wish I could just turn everything off but I can't get myself to do it. The way I look at it, the world keeps spinning without me so when I get back I would have to get caught up on things, I would rather just know about them when they happen.

Luckily I live a pretty stress free life and always stay out of drama so really there is nothing that I need to get away from.

We checked with t-mobile. Apparantly there is no such thing as roaming with them anymore. We have worldwide coverage with data and Texting. There are some fees for voice if you are not using WiFi calling.

I wish I could just turn everything off but I can't get myself to do it. The way I look at it, the world keeps spinning without me so when I get back I would have to get caught up on things, I would rather just know about them when they happen.

Luckily I live a pretty stress free life and always stay out of drama so really there is nothing that I need to get away from.

I hope you have a wonderful trip where all are you going?

I hope you have a wonderful trip where all are you going?

Thank you, we can not wait. It will be our first vacation in 5 years since our honeymoon. We are going on the Dawn April 12 to western carib

Hey VOLS159......HELLO FROM KNOXVILLE!

I do about 99% of the cooking for my wife and I. Which is fine with me since I generally enjoy it, and that she could burn water. We went on our first cruise last year on the RCCI Enchantment of the sea, I had been on one 10 years ago when I was in college.

But I really enjoyed the disconnection. I lack of facebook, texting, and even having limited tv channels to watch. It gave us a chance to enjoy each other. Now this year we stepped it up to a 7 day NCL Getaway with a balcony this October!

Hey VOLS159......HELLO FROM KNOXVILLE!

I do about 99% of the cooking for my wife and I. Which is fine with me since I generally enjoy it, and that she could burn water. We went on our first cruise last year on the RCCI Enchantment of the sea, I had been on one 10 years ago when I was in college.

But I really enjoyed the disconnection. I lack of facebook, texting, and even having limited tv channels to watch. It gave us a chance to enjoy each other. Now this year we stepped it up to a 7 day NCL Getaway with a balcony this October!

Hello from Greeneville TN enjoy your getaway I've not been on the bigger ships but I loved the sun sky and dawn with Ncl

If anybody books a cruise with Costa maya as a port.. I would suggest booking a private cabana at maya chan

Edited by vols159

It's been 2 years since the wife and I last set sail on a ship... And with a new 10 month old it may be a few more :( I miss my pretzel sticks the washy washy happy happy staff

What I miss most is the escape from the Internet how peaceful it is to shut the phone down and disconnect and set sail to beautiful ports![/quote

Watch for the Kids sail free deals and come back soon.

Honestly I thought the same thing on my first 7 days cruise in the Bahamas. Having no connection to the world for someone who is addicted to social networking felt great. I spent so much time focusing on what was right in front of me that it was so relaxing even though I spent so much time running around the ship (This was the Getaway). Honestly, turn off the phone, you'll enjoy it!

I'm in much the same situation as the OP: it's been two years for me, too. Fortunately, I'm able to shut down communications often enough that I don't go nuts. But I miss cruising. This year doesn't look good, because I have to replace the HVAC in the house, and that's going to be a hit to the savings. I'm thankful to have plenty of savings to cover the replacement, but it'd be irresponsible to cruise again until I build the savings back. I wouldn't be opposed to the right deal for the right cruise, though. I'll keep a close eye on the Gem's pricing after final payment is due for the Canada/NE itineraries. Or maybe a quick Sky cruise.

I'm in much the same situation as the OP: it's been two years for me, too. Fortunately, I'm able to shut down communications often enough that I don't go nuts. But I miss cruising. This year doesn't look good, because I have to replace the HVAC in the house, and that's going to be a hit to the savings. I'm thankful to have plenty of savings to cover the replacement, but it'd be irresponsible to cruise again until I build the savings back. I wouldn't be opposed to the right deal for the right cruise, though. I'll keep a close eye on the Gem's pricing after final payment is due for the Canada/NE itineraries. Or maybe a quick Sky cruise.

I just replaced my hvac unit thankfully my power company offers a loan program and they just add 57$ a month onto your power bill if your buy a approved energy efficient unit

I just replaced my hvac unit thankfully my power company offers a loan program and they just add 57$ a month onto your power bill if your buy a approved energy efficient unit

We did the same thing