Your experience with my time dining

Hello,

We are new with Royal, we just booked three staterooms for us and our adult children while cruising on the Equinox two weeks ago, we have " my time dining".

We would like to hear your comments about the actual flexibility of it when we show up at the Dining Room or do we have to make a pre cruise reservation for the time we are really interested in.

Thanks,

Josée from the french part of Canada

If all three cabins want to eat together in my time dining then I would suggest you pre book your dining times. We did this last year with three cabins and we had no wait by reserving beforehand. There are not many large tables in the my time dining area.

We always choose MTD now and when it's just the two of us we never make reservations and and have never had more than a five minute wait for a table. I wouldn't do that with a large group tough.

Hope this helps.

If all three cabins want to eat together in my time dining then I would suggest you pre book your dining times. We did this last year with three cabins and we had no wait by reserving beforehand. There are not many large tables in the my time dining area.

We always choose MTD now and when it's just the two of us we never make reservations and and have never had more than a five minute wait for a table. I wouldn't do that with a large group tough.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much Sherry.

We will also be on the February 21st cruise.

Josée

You might want to post this question under Celebrity Cruises as the Equinox is a Celebrity ship. Although Celebrity Cruise's parent company is Royal, they are run as a separate company.

I have sailed on the Equinox and she is a fabulous ship. You will have a great time.

We had MTD for two people and never had a problem getting right in for a table for two without reservations. I have seen different large group tables around us (in different configurations as needed) on different nights (even though we were at the same table). If you don't care if you stay with the same servers it should not be a problem.

Since you are a group that may be doing different things during the day you may decide together what time you want to meet for dinner then it wouldn't hurt to have reservations. Either way you should be fine. If one night doesn't work out try it the other way. There definitely were prime times that we noted when we were exiting the dining room to stay away from.

We were worried about MTD but now we would never go back to the other way.

You might want to post this question under Celebrity Cruises as the Equinox is a Celebrity ship. Although Celebrity Cruise's parent company is Royal, they are run as a separate company.

I have sailed on the Equinox and she is a fabulous ship. You will have a great time.

Hello goldiemom,

We were on the Equinox when we booked the Royal cruise.

And yes you're right the Equinox is a wonderful ship. We have sailed on her twice and have one more booked. :)

Josée

We had MTD for two people and never had a problem getting right in for a table for two without reservations. I have seen different large group tables around us (in different configurations as needed) on different nights (even though we were at the same table). If you don't care if you stay with the same servers it should not be a problem.

Since you are a group that may be doing different things during the day you may decide together what time you want to meet for dinner then it wouldn't hurt to have reservations. Either way you should be fine. If one night doesn't work out try it the other way. There definitely were prime times that we noted when we were exiting the dining room to stay away from.

We were worried about MTD but now we would never go back to the other way.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate!

Visited the MTD desk on our first day on Vision, arranged that night. After seeing the line (not long, but not what I wanted to deal with) for those who hadn't made arrangements, after thinking about our plans each day, we went ahead and just made arrangements for the rest of the cruise. Easy peasy, no line, SAME servers (and even table-neighbors that we got to know!) each night.

Hello,

We are new with Royal, we just booked three staterooms for us and our adult children while cruising on the Equinox two weeks ago, we have " my time dining".

We would like to hear your comments about the actual flexibility of it when we show up at the Dining Room or do we have to make a pre cruise reservation for the time we are really interested in.

Thanks,

Josée from the french part of Canada

either.

with a reservation, you can customize each night to a time that works best for your schedule( port visits, shows, etc). we often make reservations on a day by day basis, as late as lunch time the day of.

if you just show up, be advised that the vast majority of tables are 2 and 4 tops. if you need to sit 6 or more, you may be waiting for a table to be free.

We are typically only a party of 2 and we never get sat at 2 or 4 tops. We've always been at large rounds with multiple groups.

it works for us b/c we can vary up when we want to eat based on what else we have going on that day. And we've typically been sat at the same table with the same guests and severs. I think they try very hard to make it a good experience.

We were 2 on the Allure and had MTD. The first night we were asked if we wanted to be seated with other people or have a table for ourselves. Opting for the latter, we seldom had to wait at all to get seated. (5 minutes tops)

Loved the flexibility, and except for 1 night we had the same staff every night.

We've done My Time Dining on RCI and Select on Celebrity and all experiences have been really good. We wouldn't do it any other way now.

Tom

Could it be because of the time of the year? Don't know if you were travelling during high season but last year with Celebrity we had select dining and we were told on the very first night that there was no table available between 6h30 and 8h30 for the whole duration of the cruise.

It was very disappointing! We would prefer not having to deal with that kind of issue again.

Thanks for your comment Tom.

Josée