NCL Sky professional photography

grimsgirl13

• 4 weeks later...
I know it will be expensive but I was wondering about the pictures taken by the on board photographer. Do they have packages? What was the cost for photos when you went? Any help would be appreciated. [emoji2]

We got a 15% off with my husband's card (I can't remember if he's silver or gold), and the pictures were buy 4 and get 1 free. So we got 5 8x10's and spent around $65. We LOVED the pictures!

Thank you for your response! That's not as bad as I had expected. I'm glad you loved them and hope we do too! :-)

We were long overdue for family pics, so I didn't feel as bad about spending a little extra on them than I had originally planned! lol They listed the prices in each section as you searched for your pics. I believe the 8x10's were $20 each. One of the photographers helped me go through my pic. When he saw I had 4 8x10's and a 5x7, he told me to switch out the 5x7 for another 8x10, as that would be my free pic (instead of just a 5x7). I thought it was very reasonable, and I can't wait to hang them up! Just an FYI, they also take pics on the beach, so keep an eye out for the photographers! I got two great ones with DS in the water at GSC! :)

Just remember, there are two kinds of photography/photographers on board. The regular bunch that roam the ship/pier taking candid shots. And now, a professional photography studio that you make an appointment for a sitting. Big difference in pricing also.

I know it will be expensive but I was wondering about the pictures taken by the on board photographer. Do they have packages? What was the cost for photos when you went? Any help would be appreciated. [emoji2]

Go to the gifts and more section on NCL.com. You'll be able to see prepurchase photo package deals. Log in to purchase.

In November the photographer was set up just outside the lower level dining room, not the Palace. I cannot recall the name of the other dining room.

Edited by Nola26

We were long overdue for family pics, so I didn't feel as bad about spending a little extra on them than I had originally planned! lol They listed the prices in each section as you searched for your pics. I believe the 8x10's were $20 each. One of the photographers helped me go through my pic. When he saw I had 4 8x10's and a 5x7, he told me to switch out the 5x7 for another 8x10, as that would be my free pic (instead of just a 5x7). I thought it was very reasonable, and I can't wait to hang them up! Just an FYI, they also take pics on the beach, so keep an eye out for the photographers! I got two great ones with DS in the water at GSC! :)

Thank you for the heads up. I will definitely look for them on the beach as well. Sounds like fun!

Just remember, there are two kinds of photography/photographers on board. The regular bunch that roam the ship/pier taking candid shots. And now, a professional photography studio that you make an appointment for a sitting. Big difference in pricing also.

I didn't realize there was a studio. I think I will avoid that and just get the candid shots. Thank you so much!

Go to the gifts and more section on NCL.com. You'll be able to see prepurchase photo package deals. Log in to purchase.

In November the photographer was set up just outside the lower level dining room, not the Palace. I cannot recall the name of the other dining room.

Awesome! I will definitely check ahead and see what I can find. They weren't on the website when I was looking for shore excursions so I will keep checking! Thank you!

Awesome! I will definitely check ahead and see what I can find. They weren't on the website when I was looking for shore excursions so I will keep checking! Thank you!

It's there under Get Ready for your cruise. Select gifts & more and scroll down.

WE have used the specialty studio twice now. The first time was on our cruise on the Grand to Hawaii, celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. We had five 8X10's and one larger one for us (the others were for the kids and MIL) and we spent $1000. On the next California coastal cruise with my two sisters we bought six 8X10's and spent about the same. The photos are extremely beautiful and worth the price. Both photographers were excellent, spent over an hour on each sitting (no fee when we did it) and took over 60 shots. They talk to you and depending on what is being said your face reflects more emotions than say, regular pictures being taken. I believe they captured the true picture of each of us. The pictures are black and white and show all.

WE have used the specialty studio twice now. The first time was on our cruise on the Grand to Hawaii, celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. We had five 8X10's and one larger one for us (the others were for the kids and MIL) and we spent $1000. On the next California coastal cruise with my two sisters we bought six 8X10's and spent about the same. The photos are extremely beautiful and worth the price. Both photographers were excellent, spent over an hour on each sitting (no fee when we did it) and took over 60 shots. They talk to you and depending on what is being said your face reflects more emotions than say, regular pictures being taken. I believe they captured the true picture of each of us. The pictures are black and white and show all.

Oh wow, that does sound like it could be a really neat experience! I may have to check into that on a special cruise! Maybe our first one coming up! ;)