first timer - EPIC - June 3, 2015

tormtl

Can I bring my own wine on the ship to drink in my cabin? I would bring my own cork screw to avoid fees.

Also, is there enough to do at the port without booking excursions every day.:confused:

Barcelona, Marjoca, Florence, Naples, Cannes.

Edited by tormtl

You can do all the ports DYI ... just get a good guidebook and have fun. In fact you'll be so busy on this itinerary you'll need to schedule a 'down' day just to relax and catch up.

Have a great time! If you go over to the PORTS OF CALL boards on the main page you can get all the information you could possibly want on each of those ports.

Also, is there enough to do at the port without booking excursions every day.:confused:

Barcelona, Marjoca, Florence, Naples, Cannes.

We sailed the Epic in 2012 and are about to sail her again this Summer.

The only port of call that is different this time around is that Marseille has been changed to Palma (Majorca)

The reason we are doing this cruise again is because we didn't get to see or do all the things we wanted first time round.....both ON and OFF the ship!

The only port we didn't fancy just getting off at and wandering around was Livorno....the port for Florence....it's very industrialised and there didn't appear to be much to see or do.......but someone with more experience may step in with some ideas.

All the other ports are, IMO, easy to wander around without the need for an excursion. Cannes and Palma in particular are lovely ports and easy to walk around. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Barcelona, Marjoca, Naples, Florence, Cannes

Naples - you can walk straight off the ship and into Naples. Both times I have done a tour but I know of people who have haggled with a taxi driver and got a good price to take them to places like Pompeii and Herculaneum. There is a city sightseeing bus. The ferry to Capri docks right next to the ship. But if you want to do the Amalfi Coast then I suggest an organised tour.

Livorno - not much to see here, it's a pretty industrial looking port. I did the NCL combined tour to Florence and Pisa. Not sure if these are easily DIY do-able.

Cannes - is beautiful. The tender takes you straight into the little port where you can go for a wander. There's the beach and promenade, for shopping you have Boulevard De La Croisette, Rue D'Anitbes and Rue Meynadier. Theres also a little tourist train that costs 10 euros which takes you to a viewpoint above Cannes - the view looks spectacular!

Palma - where the ship docks there isn't much to see. You want to head round to the old part of town next to the cathedral. It's about a 45 minute walk but NCL puts on a shuttle bus (can't recall the cost though), there is also a city sightseeing bus.

Happy cruise planning - I did the cruise last year and loved it so much I'm doing it again this year!

In Barcelona, get the HOHO bus to see it all. In Naples and Florence, I strongly recommend Rome in Limo. Check these boards and I dare you to find one negative review. Basically, set up a group of 8 on your roll call.....easy....and it wil be about $90 pp. ....might be 90 euros, I forget. Cannes you can walk around and go yo the beach.