Sailing of the Tahitian Princess Nov. 10, 05'

kaylea

We are sailing on the Tahitian Princess on Nov.10, 05. Does any one have an idea what the weather is going to be like? Does anyone have an ideas on what shore excursions to take? Would love some ideas.

Dee

We're also booked on this cruise with another couple as well. So far in roll calls just got one other response. So maybe we can have a mini cruise critic get-together? As to what to do - that's a wide open question. We like anything to do with the water (I think I'm part mermaid) and our friends want to scout out city tours and into the island excursions. Keep in mind these are all small islands so it will be quick to get around. We visited Bora Bora & Moorea 5 yrs ago and loved it so much that is why we are headed out there again. One thing to know in advance the Gauguin museum does not have any original pieces only lithos or prints so you might be disappointed expecting a great art museum, however it is still interesting. When we went last time we didn't do the swim with the manta rays and regretted it from hearing how wonderful it was from others who did it, this time we will. I would suggest snorkling either right from the beach or on a boat and skip the glass bottom boat trip. The water level for seeing lots of fish is 6ft and you can walk out in the wonderfully warm water. We also did a rainforest walk and found that interesting. Just renting a car is unique as there aren't that many about so it's easy to get around on your own and everyone speaks English:p

The weather in Tahiti can be unpredictable. We sailed the middle of October last year and the rainy season came early. It rained for the entire 10 day cruise off and on and somedays almost all day, and it was not actually what I would call 'quite warm' at many of the islands. :(

I have copied something about the rainy season in Tahiti that might be worth looking at.

Roughly speaking, there are two seasons: from November through April the climate is warmer and more humid, with daily high temperatures of about 85 F and lows of 70F at night. More rain falls during the warmer season, but there are also many lovely sunny days with refreshing trade-winds during these months. In fact, during the period of November through March Tahiti still averages more sunshine hours than Honolulu. From May through October the climate is cooler and drier with daily high temperatures of about 82F and lows of 70F at night.

We have had the best weather in March/April out of all of our trips to Tahiti. It is just luck I think as some November sailings are great, others can be rainy.

I hope you get lucky and have a cruise filled with sunshine and warm breezes! ;)

Kaylea - I responded to you in this thread several days ago but now don't see what I wrote. My husband and I are also sailing Nov 10th and have communicated with chrismch and and couple "K&R". We have a thread under roll calls and I keep bumping it every few days in hopes of attracting others. So far we are looking at a meet and greet during sailaway on Nov 11. My husband and I, as well as K&R are going to Le Belvedere restaurant on the 10th separately and are considering traveling up there together and would be interested if others want to join. No plans solidified yet until we have response from others. Let me know.

See "TP Excursions" thread under "Pacific Islands" for responses to your question.

tsb2

Kaylea - I found my message to you in another thread you posted previously asking the same question. Please see your other thread in this forum for a more detailed response to your questions. Can't wait to hear from you.

tsb2

Archived