2 Week Med Cruise - Marriage Proposal

LMB001

Hi All,

I've joined this board solely to received some knowledgeable advice to the following question:

On a Med cruise in July/August with family, if I were to propose to my long suffering partner of 9 years (I know, I know), which of the below ports would be best i.e. nice location, surroundings, etc?

Vigo

Alicante

Barcelona

Villefranche (Monaco)

Genoa

Rome

Cartagena

Gibraltar

Been Alicante, Genoa and Rome before and I'd guess only Rome should be considered suitable?

First time cruiser and first timer proposer so frankly clueless on both fronts.:D

Many Thanks,

Me

Trevi fountain might still be getting renovated, was completely covered In Scaffolding, so that wouldn't be very nice.

Agree , on board ship when all dressed up would be great as photos of the happy occasion would look better. Plus if you are letting any of your group in on the plan you can take a bottle of bubbly on board and hide it in their cabin.

Top of the rock of Gibraltar.

You can always say then that it was the altitude went to your head on bad days,:( and on good days you can always say that your marriage will last as long as the rock stands firm.:D

Like "go ape"

David.

Villefranche is a lovely little South-of-France harbour town with some nice seafront cafes. Either at a seafront cafe (photo with ship at anchor in background, or on ship with the coast in the background.

Barcelona has a few notable locations - distinctive architecture - so a nice pictorial location should be possible to find.

Trevi fountain might still be getting renovated, was completely covered In Scaffolding, so that wouldn't be very nice.

Agree , on board ship when all dressed up would be great as photos of the happy occasion would look better. Plus if you are letting any of your group in on the plan you can take a bottle of bubbly on board and hide it in their cabin.

Work due to last till late 2015. Or longer, this is Italy.

David.

Thanks for the replies people.

I'm on the Ventura.

Hadn't thought of on the ship, although i think i'd prefer a bit more private setting maybe. Not too big on public displays.

AchileLauro - you mean there's going to be bad days! :eek:

Going to be secret, except asking her dad on board! :eek: so early to middle part of cruise better i think.

Short list i think:

Onboard

Barca

Villefranche

Rome

Not too big on public displays.

Oh, that knocks my suggestion on the head then. About 2 years ago my brother got down on one knee in the middle of a famous square in Rome and proposed to his girlfriend.

Initially she thought he was tying his shoelace, yelled at him to hurry up and went marching off across the square!:D

Oh, that knocks my suggestion on the head then. About 2 years ago my brother got down on one knee in the middle of a famous square in Rome and proposed to his girlfriend.

Initially she thought he was tying his shoelace, yelled at him to hurry up and went marching off across the square!:D

Sit down too long in a square in Rome now and you get a fine :D;)

Agree with on formal night in your finery with a glass of bubbly in your hand....

Also agree to avoid the Trevi fountain in Rome at the moment. We went in November and it was all dried up and surrounded by scaffolding and was a real sorry sight.

I would go for on board definitely.

Oh how romantic and exciting. Makes me want to go through it all again.

Hi out of those ports - I would definitely go for either Villefranche or Rome.

However - my personal favourite would be to book a table in " The White Room" but ask for a table outside (weather dependent of course). Sit outside have a lovely meal watching the wake and the sun going down. It's one of my favourite memories from previous cruises.

Anyway - whatever you choose, have a great time.

Sue

P.s - just to say that it is usually pretty private outside as there are only about 8 table's or so outside and when we have eaten there, there have never been more than about 3 tables in use at one time.

Edited by Suebiker

Just thinking out loud but a formal photo on board could have been taken anywhere whereas a spectacular backdrop would be a lifelong memory.

PS: I wouldn't get anything out that's golden in Barcelona. Theivin...😬

Top of the rock of Gibraltar.

You can always say then that it was the altitude went to your head on bad days,:( and on good days you can always say that your marriage will last as long as the rock stands firm.:D

If she says no you can push her off.