Onboard coupons/discounts for specialty dining?

We'll be on Freedom at the end of May (hurry up May!) and I've heard about them offering 20% off or BOGO coupons the first night of the cruise or something similar. Does anyone know what they are doing currently? I'd love to try Sabor and Chops but any time I can avoid paying full price I'm all for it :cool:

does anyone know the current dining packages you can buy? Are there any specials not limited to repeated cruisers?

This is the only dining special I'm [url=http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf][/url]aware of:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

This package is not related to being a repeat customer.

Thanks Clarea

someone mentioned a BOGO deal for diamond plus and pinnacle members

I saw a link where you can prebuy a dining package that includes 3 restaurants or so at a set price.

Thanks Clarea

someone mentioned a BOGO deal for diamond plus and pinnacle members

I saw a link where you can prebuy a dining package that includes 3 restaurants or so at a set price.

That might be an old link. I remember those deals from over a year ago.

Does anyone know how this works with Izumi? I made four paid reservations and a fifth for Izumi, which cost $0. How do they know how much I will spend from day 1?

They will add to your OBC based your food costs at Izumi.

Last week on the Grandeur we were not really happy with your time dining on the Grandeur. We ended up eating in the specialty restaurants for the last eight nights. They gave us a 30% discount each night. It was worth it for us, but figure it cost about $500 with tips.

Last week on the Grandeur we were not really happy with your time dining on the Grandeur. We ended up eating in the specialty restaurants for the last eight nights. They gave us a 30% discount each night. It was worth it for us, but figure it cost about $500 with tips.

Ouch! That is a pretty pricey add on.

Is the coupon booklet given to suite guests?

We received a booklet in June 2012 in a GS on Explorer. I was Gold status then. Now I'm Platinum. In 6 days we will be on NOS in a GS.

They eliminated the Coupon Booklet. Here is the link to Current listing of the Exclusive Offers for C&A Members by C&A level http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2045047 that will be loaded onto your SeaPass card.

There will be a letter in your cabin giving you a list of your offers by your C&A level.

Since this list was made up last May while on Rhapsody, there may be a coupon or two variation depending on the ship you are on.

Edited by cruisenfever

Perhaps I'm not understanding correctly-- but if they add OBC on day 1 of the cruise, how are they able to determine what you will pay at Izumi?

They do have the ability to add OBC on other than day 1.

Once they see what you spend for food at Izumi, they will add more OBC to whatever you got on day 1.

I thought I read somewhere here on CC that the first night you could get half off a specialty restaurant. Is that not true or no longer in effect?

That's not a fleetwide policy. Ships may or may not have promos on specialty restaurants.