Just off Oasis - ask your ?'s

Izumi Hibachi was very good - best fried rice. It is much better than your national hibachi chains, i.e Bennihana. its $25 if you get 1 meat, $30 if you get two, includes soup or salad, fried rice, veggies and desert - plenty of food. Options I believe are chicken, filet or some sort of beef, shrimp, scallops, lobster. I had lobster and scallops, both very good.

Can't say how the nightclub was, not my scene and never visited but seemed like a popular spot.

I'm so confused. I was just assured, repeatedly, by Alex at RCI Customer service that my reservations for Izumi and Sabor are complimentary. Now I read on here that there is a cost associated with those restaurants.

How flaky can the customer service at RCI be? Seriously, I asked a very specific question, was put on hold for 5 minutes while he looked it up and talked to his manager and then came back and said, "absolutely, Izumi and Sabor are complimentary and there will be no cost".

I should have recorded the phone call for when I get on board and they bring me a bill.

Between the sloppy customer service, the atrocious website planner and the ridiculous increase in drink prices I am starting to really get fed up with RCCL.

I'm so confused. I was just assured, repeatedly, by Alex at RCI Customer service that my reservations for Izumi and Sabor are complimentary. Now I read on here that there is a cost associated with those restaurants.

How flaky can the customer service at RCI be? Seriously, I asked a very specific question, was put on hold for 5 minutes while he looked it up and talked to his manager and then came back and said, "absolutely, Izumi and Sabor are complimentary and there will be no cost".

I should have recorded the phone call for when I get on board and they bring me a bill.

Between the sloppy customer service, the atrocious website planner and the ridiculous increase in drink prices I am starting to really get fed up with RCCL.

The reservations are complimentary as the food is priced a la cart, so the agent wasn't really wrong, but the meal is not free. At Sabor you can get dinner for two people for $19. At Izumi there is a sushi side of the restaurant that is priced per item so no cover charge just paying for what you order. There is no up front charge like there is at the other specialty restaurants.

We are doing the premium drink package any idea of the price of Patron Margaritas/Shots? We have heard mixed reviews of Patron included in the drink package.

Will be sailing Oasis April 25 as well, Spending a few days in Key West before we meet the ship.

Had Premium package on Explorer in December, Patron was not a problem. Chat up your favorite bar staff and they will take care of you.

Edited by SharkByte

Were there any drink package specials once you boarded the Oasis at any point? I am purchasing the Premium Package ahead of time but wondering if they will offer some promo once aboard ship as an incentive to get people to purchase it. Thanks

The only promo I saw for the drink package was the last 2 days, you could purchase the package for the remainder of your cruise for $50 a day. From what I heard you can purchase at anytime as long as there is 3 days remaining on your cruise. So if you are not a big drinker and want to wait till the end they did offer it for 2 days and 1 day.

Just off Oasis myself. We had minimal waits for MTD. I think the longest was maybe 5 minutes? No problems at all--but then we didn't do formal night.

The ship was really rockin'--throughout most of the cruise. Unusal really. We've been on the big ships a lot and this is the first time it was noticeable--mainly at night. I found it soothing, rather than 'sickening'.

Hi

I am new here and didn`t find NEW THREAD"button" so i`ll have to ask here:)

We are celebraiting birthdays and i would like to order Chocolate cake to our cabin.

Does anyone know how big it is? I mean for how many persons? it costs 12eur.

Tried also send message to Royal Caribbean but no answer:(

Thanks

I just booked a cruise on Oasis and I'm not yet able to reserve onboard entertainment. Do you remember how early you were able to make reservations?

For entertainment I think I was able to make reservations 90 days out, maybe even earlier than that. All were on there except the headliner show which came out probably 60 days before sailing.

Thanks for helping to answer questions!

You’ve probably already answered part of my question. I think I’ll book 150 for date night for hubby and myself. I’m looking for a second option for our party of 4 adults and 1 6 year old girl. Would Izumi Hibachi be a good choice? Did you see other families there?

What time, generally, were your My Time Dining reservations? Disappointing to hear your results, though it sounds like you only really tried it a couple times, right? I’ve currently got the 6 PM standard seating, but was contemplating MTD with a standing reservation at maybe 5:30, but adjusting on nights where we have conflicts. My other option is to just make my specialty restaurant reservations when there’s conflicts.

How long did meals typically take in the dining room? Specialty restaurants?

Sorry, one more random question... The flavored waters at Windjammer, are they carbonated? I swear I read at one point they were, but the last couple references I've seen referred to them as flavored water. Silly question, I know, but curious.

Is Royal iQ available on the Oasis yet? My cruise is in a week and a half and I was hoping to check it out.

Not really sure what Royal iQ is, so I am going to say no. If it is with the check-in process than no but it didnt take long to check in at all.

Thanks for helping to answer questions!

You’ve probably already answered part of my question. I think I’ll book 150 for date night for hubby and myself. I’m looking for a second option for our party of 4 adults and 1 6 year old girl. Would Izumi Hibachi be a good choice? Did you see other families there?

What time, generally, were your My Time Dining reservations? Disappointing to hear your results, though it sounds like you only really tried it a couple times, right? I’ve currently got the 6 PM standard seating, but was contemplating MTD with a standing reservation at maybe 5:30, but adjusting on nights where we have conflicts. My other option is to just make my specialty restaurant reservations when there’s conflicts.

How long did meals typically take in the dining room? Specialty restaurants?

150 will not disappoint if you like the food options as its a 4 course meal with only 1 of the courses being an option.

Izumi Habachi was fun - the 6 year old will enjoy it and the food is good so the adults will enjoy it as well. We had a late seating at 8:30 so not many families but there was families there. There are only 3 hibachi tables so I would make your reservation now if you can.

Only attempted MTD twice and only ate there once. It will take anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half, if you are in a hurry just tell you waiter how long you want it to be and they will make sure you are out in time, same goes with the specialty restaurants. Might take a little longer in the specialty but i'd say average 90 min - it does not take 2 hours as suggested by RCCL.

Sorry, one more random question... The flavored waters at Windjammer, are they carbonated? I swear I read at one point they were, but the last couple references I've seen referred to them as flavored water. Silly question, I know, but curious.

No they are not carbonated and are available in the park cafe and solarium bistro as well as Windjammer.

I'm sailing on the Oasis this Saturday. I was thinking about booking online at $40pp, but thought I wait for any sales on board. Today I looked at the Cruise Compass from March 14th sailing and each night it list 150 Central park at $30pp. What did you pay for eating there?

I'm sailing on the Oasis this Saturday. I was thinking about booking online at $40pp, but thought I wait for any sales on board. Today I looked at the Cruise Compass from March 14th sailing and each night it list 150 Central park at $30pp. What did you pay for eating there?

It was quite confusing, i pre-booked it and paid $40pp and I asked about it when boarded, they said they would refund me the difference. As we went there the 2nd night, which was formal night, they were doing a buy one get one free, that I was not aware of. On our seapass account it looked like they credited $40 for that, it was not listed as 150 Central park but some other code so not idea if that was what it was for but assuming it had to be and than i got a $10 credit that said central park, which would than account that it was $30 total for 2 of us, great deal IMO. So got $50 in on board credit for Central park when I originally paid $80 for it.

It was quite confusing, i pre-booked it and paid $40pp and I asked about it when boarded, they said they would refund me the difference. As we went there the 2nd night, which was formal night, they were doing a buy one get one free, that I was not aware of. On our seapass account it looked like they credited $40 for that, it was not listed as 150 Central park but some other code so not idea if that was what it was for but assuming it had to be and than i got a $10 credit that said central park, which would than account that it was $30 total for 2 of us, great deal IMO. So got $50 in on board credit for Central park when I originally paid $80 for it.

I have heard the first night was a BOGO deal. Now you say it was night two? I am really confused now!:eek: Our group is planning to eat at Chops, but looking for the BOGO special. We were going to book onboard as soon as we boarded.

Maybe the BOGO night for Chops is different than 150. I'd be curious if anyone knew the answer.

Bummer, it looks like there aren't any available hibachi reservations available for my sailing. I'll still check onboard, but now wondering, are there any others you feel would be family friendly but still worth the price of the food? Other option would just be to put the 6 yr old in kids club, but I like keeping my daughters taste palate a little eclectic and enjoy introducing her to new dining opportunities, when it's the appropriate atmosphere.

We have several local Japanese restaurants which have hibatchi tables. The kids LOVE it! Any time you ask them where they want to go out to eat they say hibatchi. The chefs put on a fun show around cooking and it's really enjoyable for the kids. Mine eat everything the chef puts on their plate because they are so enthralled with the whole show of it. I would try to get a reservation on board. It's for sure a family friendly dining experience.

Maybe the BOGO night for Chops is different than 150. I'd be curious if anyone knew the answer.

Bummer, it looks like there aren't any available hibachi reservations available for my sailing. I'll still check onboard, but now wondering, are there any others you feel would be family friendly but still worth the price of the food? Other option would just be to put the 6 yr old in kids club, but I like keeping my daughters taste palate a little eclectic and enjoy introducing her to new dining opportunities, when it's the appropriate atmosphere.

I am sailing on 4/25/15 and I was having the same problem they also kept taking it on and off the cruise planner to book. I was told by RCCL customer service that seating for the Hibachi experience is so limited it will only be available to reserve on board... so I would check first thing when you get on the ship.

I am sailing on 4/25/15 and I was having the same problem they also kept taking it on and off the cruise planner to book. I was told by RCCL customer service that seating for the Hibachi experience is so limited it will only be available to reserve on board... so I would check first thing when you get on the ship.

Oh good to know! I actually hope that's the case then. That will be one of our first stops on board!

• 2 weeks later...

ok it will be my dads 70 birthday while we are on the ship we want to do a nice dinner that night but we have 2 or 3 70 year olds , 2 40 year olds , 13,8, and i was thinking Hibachi at Izumi how many can sit at the table? i have heard 150 is great is that to much for lil kids? is my 1st choice better.

\

thank you

amanda

No not at all, you could wear shorts if you wanted to. I ended up wearing shorts to dinner 5 of the 7 nights, I had a collard shirt on and never felt under dressed. You are on vacation do what you want, not what others want you to do . There will always be people that want to get dressed up but it is not necessary. I think wearing a swimsuit and a t-shirt is under dressed for the dinning room but shorts and a polo is more than acceptable and the shows are even less casual than dinning.

Hi there - so they didn't say anything about the shorts in the main dining halls or specialty restaurants? We are cruising next week and we called about dress code for guys and we were told that in all but the cafes and buffet pants and collared shirts were required no short allowed....

Thanks