I need some help quickly

On hold with Royal right now.

I have a future cruise certificate with a booking number. I placed a courtesy hold on a cruise that has a different booking number. I'm trying to book the cruise by transferring the courtesy hold to the certificate number.

That's possible right? agent seems to be having trouble.

I can't just book a new room because the price has already gone up so I have to have the courtesy hold cruise to get the lower price.

Does that make sense? Thanks.

On hold with Royal right now.

I have a future cruise certificate with a booking number. I placed a courtesy hold on a cruise that has a different booking number. I'm trying to book the cruise by transferring the courtesy hold to the certificate number.

That's possible right? agent seems to be having trouble.

I can't just book a new room because the price has already gone up so I have to have the courtesy hold cruise to get the lower price.

Does that make sense? Thanks.

yes, resolutions can do it, but probably aren't there now

They finally got it done but after receiving the email I see it wasn't done quite right.

They still ended up charging me the increased base fare (not the fare I had on hold) but the taxes and fees were less so it's $27 more than the cruise I had on courtesy hold. I'm not sure I'll bother calling back. It took 40 minutes to get this one booked so I don't know if I want to invest the time to call back. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal.

Thanks for

Greetings,

I had the a similar situation happen to me yesterday... I was told the answer was an emphatically "NO." I guess I'll have to call back. Was told the reason I couldn't do it, is because the certificate was assigned to a TA. (Don't know how or why that happened...) He said that I had to book with that TA to get the OBC.

Greetings,

I had the a similar situation happen to me yesterday... I was told the answer was an emphatically "NO." I guess I'll have to call back. Was told the reason I couldn't do it, is because the certificate was assigned to a TA. (Don't know how or why that happened...) He said that I had to book with that TA to get the OBC.

I've read on this board that if you book a cruise with a TA and then buy a certificate on the cruise, the new cruise is automatically assigned to the same TA. I booked my recent cruise myself so I "owned" the certificate booking also.

I've read on this board that if you book a cruise with a TA and then buy a certificate on the cruise, the new cruise is automatically assigned to the same TA. I booked my recent cruise myself so I "owned" the certificate booking also.

It is true that if you don't say anything, the certificate is automatically assigned to the TA. However, you can specify that you don't want to use a travel agent and they will honor that.

It is true that if you don't say anything, the certificate is automatically assigned to the TA. However, you can specify that you don't want to use a travel agent and they will honor that.

Can one have the certificate unassigned from a TA?