A couple of logistics questions

funredhead

I'll make a long story short...

This is a fairly last minute cruise for us. We rolled the dice and booked 2 gty insides for our family of 4. (Cheaper than booking all 4 in the same cabin and received more obc). We ended up with side by side cabin (not adjoining). So overall a great guarantee.

Fast forward. It's a week before cruising. We upgraded 1 room to an MA which sleeps 4. We keep all the obc but, can't cancel the second room because of the penalties. We are all planning on staying in the one MA.

So my questions, can we get another set of keys for the MA? Where do we get them? Also, I know we will have to check in on the inside cabin and grab whatever info gets dropped off there as well as plantinum items. And if we use the laundry certificate, I would assume it would get delivered to that cabin?

What should we tell the room steward?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Guest services can give you two extra key cards for the mini. They will only be to unlock the door. Those booked on the inside will still use their original key cards to purchase, get on and off the ship, etc.

Honestly, unless the other 2 are children, Id still have them use the inside. They'd get more comfy beds and you have another bathroom.

Edited by AEckhardt

Thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, the other two guests are our kids. The inside cabin is on deck 10 forward. The MA is on deck 11 aft. Even if it were on the same floor and say across the hall, I wouldn't be comfortable not having the kids in the same cabin. Kids are 12 & 10.

So, I'm not really sure what if anything we'd do with the second cabin.

That is now your storage bunker, nap room, time out, and stinky restroom area.

Alternatively, only you and your spouse keep keys to the extra room and it becomes your private love suite.....lol. Seriously, have rose petals, wine, and chocolate covered strawberries delivered. Have fun with it!

Edited by Kingofwylietx

That is now your storage bunker, nap room, time out, and stinky restroom area.

Alternatively, only you and your spouse keep keys to the extra room and it becomes your private love suite.....lol. Seriously, have rose petals, wine, and chocolate covered strawberries delivered. Have fun with it!

Yes. That.

What should we tell the room steward?
You should certainly tell both stewards what is happening, and think about how you are going to handle the tips… If you leave the DSC as is, both stewards will be tipped for two people, which doesn't seem quite right.

Yes, the other two guests are our kids. The inside cabin is on deck 10 forward. The MA is on deck 11 aft. Even if it were on the same floor and say across the hall, I wouldn't be comfortable not having the kids in the same cabin. Kids are 12 & 10.

I would call to see if you could at least get a cabin closer to the upgrade, because you may need to space. I will assume when you booked the 2 gty's that one adult planned on sleeping in each cabin. I would do the same, since you have the cabins.

I would call to see if you could at least get a cabin closer to the upgrade, because you may need to space. I will assume when you booked the 2 gty's that one adult planned on sleeping in each cabin. I would do the same, since you have the cabins.

When we upgraded yesterday, they checked and didn't see an available cabin. I will call again tomorrow and see if anything is different. And yes when we booked and received side by sides neither of which accomodated 4, we planned to have 1 adult, 1 child per room.

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it.