Jewel of the Seas 7-2-04

hrw

Anyone know of a reliable tour company that will do private tours in Oslo, Copnehagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, and Tallinn. We are going soon on our cruise and would like to do private tours instead of the regular Royal Carribean tours. Thank you.

Check the sites for Stockholm card on this thread and just do the hop on hop off busses elsewhere. Jewell gave us a free ride to Olde Town in Tallin and that took up all our time. You can only walk there so any RCI tour would be walking anyway. Helsinki we took a RCI sponsered bus to mid town and the hop on busses were there. We just walked the main shopping and market street right where the bus dropped us off.

Rick Steves Scandavia book has great ideas on what to do. We just did the hop on thing, if we seen something we wanted to explore further, just got off. We had no set agenda. Oslo you can walk to town in about 10 minutes, grab the #12 tram to get to Vigeland Park and back. It goes straight there and stops. Right when you get into the town, the tourist info shop is there with an ATM and the people were very helpful. I had a 6th cousin drive me around Oslo in the afternoon and now wish we had time to see the Viking fort. It looked amazing from the outside. He said he never tires of going there. Vigeland is a must though and it is free. I just sat on the steps next to the tour group from RCI and listened to the guide. Free tour info...hint hint

Jewel of the Sea May 2004

Serenade of the Sea August 2003

Splendour of the Sea August 1999

Legend of the Sea August 1997

Rotterdam May 1989

Archived