Fun places to eat in St Martin & St Thomas

ferretface

Just about my favorite thing in a vacation is planning and thinking about where I'll be eating. We're stopping in San Juan, St Martin & St Thomas and haven't seen much info on where to eat for fun or spectacular meal. We were orginially sailing on the Elation, but they decided to dry dock her during out time frame so are now sailing on the Triumph. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Also any tips on Shore Excursions would be helpful :)

In St. Thomas, if you will be doing some shopping there is a great cafe for lunch. It is called Cafe Amici and is located down an alleyway between some very nice shops on the main street where all the stores are. I'm sure if you ask around they can tell you where it is. We stopped there just by walking around, and found it to be wonderful. The owner (he is also the chef) and his wife were there and we chatted a bit with them. Very friendly, from the states. The food was a great menu and the deco was beautiful. You felt like you were eating outside, while the dining portion was covered. I highly recommend and we will likely make it a stop on our next trip. FYI though, they are only open for lunch.

Another recommendation for St. Thomas would be Cuzzin's. It's won several awards and has been recognized by Caribbean travel magazines, and rightfully so. The atmosphere is fun, the food is good and authentic Caribbean...great place!

I have a beautiful place to eat - but I can't remember the name darn it!

As far as excursions, in St Thomas you must visit Coki beach for snorkeling. The snorkeling is great there. The beach is relatively small, but that was fine with us. Alot of locals go there so you know it is nice. They also have changing facilities and a nice little aquarium. Everyone told me to go to Magens Bay. We did, but I was not impressed. There were no fish, just a big beach to play on.

I would suggest almost any place around the Port Royale for a great lunch, from a very crusty pizza to wonderful fish soup and local fish. I disagree about La Vie en Rose. Went there twice. First time aboiut 15 years ago and it was great. Last time about 4 years ago and the food was so-so and the prices were sky high. Stick to a cafe that opens to the street and you'll enjoy French caribbean fare at a price you will not be shcked at unless you order lobster.

You asked for fun places...we didn't get there but the Love Shack in Red Hook St. Thomas looked like fun:

http://www.duffysloveshack.com/prodopenstt.htm

We drove by it on our way back from the beach on the Godfrey tour. Next time we are at that port we are going to head out there.

We also found good food reviews for the islands at www.fodors.com

Cheers,

Archived