Exactly how much?

LSUcajunmom

I only want the exact dollar amount that my dh & I will pay for Cheers program on a 5 day cruise out of Galveston from someone who has recently been on the Triumph. No guesses or estimations, please. Thanks in advance!

I'd recommend you call Carnival for the exact figure...

I only want the exact dollar amount that my dh & I will pay for Cheers program on a 5 day cruise out of Galveston from someone who has recently been on the Triumph. No guesses or estimations, please. Thanks in advance!

My guess is $200 per person plus 15% gratuity.

And correct me if I am wrong, since leaving out of Texas we can't purchase it til day 2 & will only pay for 4 days?

I believe you should be able to buy on day 1 of a 5 day cruise as long as embarkation day is not a Sunday. I think that is the only reason the 7 day cruises have to wait until day 2 due to Texas liquor laws.

Okay, so I got my dates/cruises mixed up. I'm going out of Galveston w my 12 yr old so won't need the Cheers program for that one. I will be going out of NO w dh for a 5 day. So how much for that one. I still think we would do better to buy it on the 2nd day regardless.

$459.54

Holy crap! Is it possible for two people to drink enough to make that worth it in four days!!!! :eek::eek::confused::eek::o

Sincerely,

A dedicated rum runner user who goes through one 32oz runner of coconut rum and 2 bottles of wine with some left over on a 7 dayer, with the occasional purchase of a Kiss on the Lips and few Coronas here and there and a total price of maybe 75 bucks for all of it.

Edited by Kristi Williamson

same $57,50 pp per day or $287.50 pp for 5 day cruise....

Take note: When cruising out of FL on embarkation day they still charge tax on beverages until you reach Int"l waters (12 miles out). I assume they do the same for cruises out of NOLA

I believe you should be able to buy on day 1 of a 5 day cruise as long as embarkation day is not a Sunday. I think that is the only reason the 7 day cruises have to wait until day 2 due to Texas liquor laws.

No, it's not a Sunday thing, it has something to do with unlimited alcohol not allowed to be sold here...or something like that. At any rate, it is second day on all cruises out of Texas, regardless of embarkation day.

Edited by AngAndBoys

No, it's not a Sunday thing, it has something to do with unlimited alcohol not allowed to be sold here...or something like that. At any rate, it is second day on all cruises out of Texas, regardless of embarkation day.

It has more to do with Texas Liquor laws that require alcohol being sold on board has to be bought in Texas and the bottles must have a TABC tax sticker. Texas is big on getting their share of liquor taxes and the TABC is very strict on the issue.

It has more to do with Texas Liquor laws that require alcohol being sold on board has to be bought in Texas and the bottles must have a TABC tax sticker. Texas is big on getting their share of liquor taxes and the TABC is very strict on the issue.

So according to this, every bottle of liquor on a cruise ship leaving Texas has to have that sticker. That wouldn't affect why the Cheers package can't be bought until day 2 - ANY drink sold on day 1 would have to be from a bottle with the tax sticker. I highly doubt they switch bottles for one day!

So according to this, every bottle of liquor on a cruise ship leaving Texas has to have that sticker. That wouldn't affect why the Cheers package can't be bought until day 2 - ANY drink sold on day 1 would have to be from a bottle with the tax sticker. I highly doubt they switch bottles for one day!

Having been a bartender for a few years and dealing with TABC, I'm pretty sure Carnival does switch the bottles. Not every bottle on the ship has to have the stickers, just the ones being used while in Texas. You can get drinks made with the inexpensive well liquors (rum and coke) but if you were to ask for say a Bacardi and coke, you would probably be told they can't sell that until they get into international waters. That way they only have to have some liquors with TABC stickers. Beer and wine don't require TABC stickers.

This is from Carnival's website

Please Note: Alabama and Texas Liquor Laws restrict us from delivering select alcohol products at Embarkation. The items will be delivered the following day.

I know when I have cruised out of Texas the first time, I have had to wait for my specialty drink "until later." My friend who lived in Texas explained about the law and taxes. Texas is proud of their no state income taxes for their residents, but they tax the heck out of other things to cover it. Alcohol is one of those things.