Beer and Wine in CL at Lunch???

My husband, two twenty-something boys and I are cruising on the Voyager in May. We are sharing a suite that entitles us use of the CL. This is our first time on RL and first time in a suite. All of the threads regarding drink prices have me quite alarmed. I do not want to purchase drink packages since I don't want to encourage excessive drinking with my sons, but it is vacation and they are going to drink a beer now and then.

I read in some old (circa 2011) posts that the CL serves beer and wine at lunch. Is this still the case?

My husband, two twenty-something boys and I are cruising on the Voyager in May. We are sharing a suite that entitles us use of the CL. This is our first time on RL and first time in a suite. All of the threads regarding drink prices have me quite alarmed. I do not want to purchase drink packages since I don't want to encourage excessive drinking with my sons, but it is vacation and they are going to drink a beer now and then.

I read in some old (circa 2011) posts that the CL serves beer and wine at lunch. Is this still the case?

No beer & wine at lunch in the Voyager CL.

The only ships that offered beer & wine at lunch in the CL were Oasis and Allure. Oasis no longer has a CL, and Allure will likely lose hers in a couple of months during dry dock.

If you are a full suite guest or Pinnacle level on Oasis, I believe the suite lounge serves alcoholic beverages at lunch.

Edited by clarea

My understanding was that was only ever on Oasis and Allure and Oasis now has a suite lounge for as the name implies - suites guests. I've never known any other CL other than on Oasis class ships offer beer and wine at lunch.

was never the case outside of Oasis and Allure. no other CL did( or does) serve a full lunch at all anyway. in fact, recently they do not even have snacks during the day

a continental breakfast only, then appetizers and hot hors' deurves at cocktail hour

No beer & wine at lunch in the Voyager CL.

The only ships that offered beer & wine at lunch in the CL were Oasis and Allure. Oasis no longer has a CL, and Allure will likely lose hers in a couple of months during dry dock.

If you are a full suite guest or Pinnacle level on Oasis, I believe the suite lounge serves alcoholic beverages at lunch.

I know this is off topic from the original post but I have to ask. When the CL goes away, is there a place for suite guest to go? I'm confused by this since we will be sailing after the dry dock in a GS. We had a GS once before and never once used it.

I know this is off topic from the original post but I have to ask. When the CL goes away, is there a place for suite guest to go? I'm confused by this since we will be sailing after the dry dock in a GS. We had a GS once before and never once used it.

If Allure goes the same way as Oasis, their will be a suite lounge for those guests in a GS and above, and also for Pinnacles. There will be a diamond lounge for diamond, diamond plus and pinnacles which will offer pretty much the same thing (drinks and hors'd oerves) during the cocktail hour. The only concierge lounge that offered more (breakfast and lunch) were the ones on Oasis and Allure. However, the Coastal Kitchen on Quantum is for suite guests and does offer hot breakfasts and lunch (but we were not offered beer or wine at lunch (or at breakfast either:D)

If Allure goes the same way as Oasis, their will be a suite lounge for those guests in a GS and above, and also for Pinnacles. There will be a diamond lounge for diamond, diamond plus and pinnacles which will offer pretty much the same thing (drinks and hors'd oerves) during the cocktail hour. The only concierge lounge that offered more (breakfast and lunch) were the ones on Oasis and Allure. However, the Coastal Kitchen on Quantum is for suite guests and does offer hot breakfasts and lunch (but we were not offered beer or wine at lunch (or at breakfast either:D)

Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure how much we will use it since we are so port heavy on this cruise. We did use one of the specialty dining areas for breakfast on the other time we had a GS. That was really a great option.