Redeeming BoA Rewards with BOGOHO

When I booked our October 2015 Panama cruise back in August 2014, under BOGOHO promotion, Royal Caribbean CSR told me I could redeem BoA reward points towards cost of my cruise, but advised I redeem them nearer to cruise time. Several months later 2 other RC CSRs told me, and confirmed, my BoA Rewards weren't combinable with the BOGOHO sale. I called again yesterday and asked again, and was told the rules had changed and now they could be used! Of course I didn't hesitate to redeem them right there and then! Have the rules changed a couple of times over the past 6 or 7 months? I'm just a bit confused!

When I booked our October 2015 Panama cruise back in August 2014, under BOGOHO promotion, Royal Caribbean CSR told me I could redeem BoA reward points towards cost of my cruise, but advised I redeem them nearer to cruise time. Several months later 2 other RC CSRs told me, and confirmed, my BoA Rewards weren't combinable with the BOGOHO sale. I called again yesterday and asked again, and was told the rules had changed and now they could be used! Of course I didn't hesitate to redeem them right there and then! Have the rules changed a couple of times over the past 6 or 7 months? I'm just a bit confused!

I believe certain parts of the redemption rules have changed.

I still believe that you cannot use certain redemptions with BOGOHO. These are things like free cruise, free companion fare, free upgrade.

At one time they told us we could not use Visa points for money off a BOGOHO cruise. I believe they changed that a month or two ago and said we could use points for money off.

Curious, as I have only redeemed points for onboard credit so far...Do you book first then get the discount applied? What if you were trying for one of the companion or upgrade options? How do you redeem those options?

The first time I did a companion fare. I called the 800 number and had the lady book it and walk me through the process. The free cruise was applied 2 months after initial booking.

This time I already had the cruise booked and called the 800 number. They again walked me through the process. I saw the credit in 2 weeks.

Both times I had to log into the BOA site for redeeming points, redeem them, then pass some info to the person on the phone so it could be applied.

It was super easy.

I've been reading here (and elsewhere) about people using points from their BoA credit cards toward either their cruise price or their OBC. Is this doable with ANY BoA credit card, or just ones that are connected to RCCL? How would I take advantage of this?

You can use your points for payment purpose or onboard credit.

I had the same problem. I book a 10 day cruise not from royal and then tried to use my 125k points for a free companion. I was told that I couldn't and that I was better off with the deal I received (it was cheaper than the bogo deal).

I did use 100k points for $1,000 off payment. It hasn't showed yet but I was told it would show closer to deadline.

I had the same problem. I book a 10 day cruise not from royal and then tried to use my 125k points for a free companion. I was told that I couldn't and that I was better off with the deal I received (it was cheaper than the bogo deal).

I did use 100k points for $1,000 off payment. It hasn't showed yet but I was told it would show closer to deadline.

I've been reading here (and elsewhere) about people using points from their BoA credit cards toward either their cruise price or their OBC. Is this doable with ANY BoA credit card, or just ones that are connected to RCCL? How would I take advantage of this?

It isn't ANY BofA credit card....it is the credit card program that is co-branded with Royal.

There have been some changes to how the redemption of BofA points can be used, in relationship to BOGOHO promotions.

You can now redeem points towards payment: such as 50,000 points as a $500 credit or 100,000 points as a $1,000 credit.

But it seems that to use the 125,000 points for a free companion, means that they will reprice the cruise without BOGOHO and then deduct the free companion costs. It often isn't smart to take the free companion offer because of the way it gets handled.

• 3 weeks later...

I called the Redemption Dept. yesterday and was able to redeem 3 $500 vouchers worth 50,000 each and 1 $15,000 voucher worth 15,000 points, so I cost me 165,000 points-not as good as the 125,000 free cruise voucher, but better than just doing OBC. I am 2 weeks from final payment so they said my travel agent would get this and apply it in time.

I called the Redemption Dept. yesterday and was able to redeem 3 $500 vouchers worth 50,000 each and 1 $15,000 voucher worth 15,000 points, so I cost me 165,000 points-not as good as the 125,000 free cruise voucher, but better than just doing OBC. I am 2 weeks from final payment so they said my travel agent would get this and apply it in time.

I totally understand getting $500 (3 times) when redeeming 150,000 points; what I don't understand is getting "1 $15,000 voucher worth 15,000 points" as you have written....so please explain that.

I totally understand getting $500 (3 times) when redeeming 150,000 points; what I don't understand is getting "1 $15,000 voucher worth 15,000 points" as you have written....so please explain that.

They saw what the total price we paid for our cruise, and calculated that we could use the 3 separate $500 ones and still had left over, but only enough to use one more voucher if it was the 15,000 point one-I accidentally put $15,000dollars but it was a 15,000 point voucher that equals $150 in dollar value. Hope that clarifies it. So $1650 dollar value=165,000 points.

They saw what the total price we paid for our cruise, and calculated that we could use the 3 separate $500 ones and still had left over, but only enough to use one more voucher if it was the 15,000 point one-I accidentally put $15,000dollars but it was a 15,000 point voucher that equals $150 in dollar value. Hope that clarifies it. So $1650 dollar value=165,000 points.

Thanks for the clarification....

I surely don't understand what you are referring to.....so here is my questions:

(1) this thread is about redeeming BofA rewards card/Royal partnership, so why would a '10 day cruise not from royal' even matter.....since that cruise would not be relevant to the redemption.

(2) how could you use 100k points for a $1,000 payment, if it wasn't a BofA/Royal card and Royal cruise?