Dressing in Bermuda

vickie1ok

I understand it is faux pas to wear swimsuits except at the beach. My traveling companion asked if one should wear "tennnis whites" in establishments there. What should we wear to restaurants and bars? If we rent a scooter, is it okay to take our helmets in a restaurant/bar with us? Even a nice one? Please advise. Swizzle, I know you will steer us in the right direction. :)

Most public Tennis courts require tennis attire but it does not need to be proper tennis whites. Many players do wear tennis whites when playing so you would not be out of place if you wanted to as well. I usually play in darker colours myself and have not had any problems with doing so at the Tennis Stadium, Elbow Beach, Southampton Princess, Horizons or Pomander Gate. Call ahead and check if playing elsewhere.

If you dress "Smart Casual" you will be fine for most restaurants and bars. Some places have a more relaxed dress code but others are smart casual so if you're dressed smart casual you can't go wrong. ;)

A (small) few upscale restaurants are jacket and tie so ask for the dress code when making reservations at a restaurant.

Archived