Aft Balcony on the Carnival Conquest

asalligo

Good afternoon, I am finally looking at booking my cruise for next year. Can anyone give me their opinion of the aft balconies on the Carnival Conquest. I am considering booking one, but am concerned of two issues.

The Sun: I am sun intolerant. If there is no shade on the balcony frankly I will not be able to be on the balcony. Do these have a decent overhang for mid day?

The view from above: I see in some video's that it appears you are right under the top deck windows. Is it as exposed as it appears?

Thanks

Edited by asalligo

Good afternoon, I am finally looking at booking my cruise for next year. Can anyone give me their opinion of the aft balconies on the Carnival Conquest. I am considering booking one, but am concerned of two issues.

The Sun: I am sun intolerant. If there is no shade on the balcony frankly I will not be able to be on the balcony. Do these have a decent overhang for mid day?

The view from above: I see in some video's that it appears you are right under the top deck windows. Is it as exposed as it appears?

Thanks

Yes you are exposed to the floors above...no privacy. And, depending on the time of year and the direction you are traveling the only shade will be provided by the mass of the ship itself. I would think you can possibly count on these balconies being in the sun pretty much full time.

Yes you are exposed to the floors above...no privacy. And, depending on the time of year and the direction you are traveling the only shade will be provided by the mass of the ship itself. I would think you can possibly count on these balconies being in the sun pretty much full time.

This makes me happy! Thanks Dutch Girl! I love feeling that Caribbean sun! OP, try a higher floor traditional balcony. I never had much sun until later in the day on those!

I'm hoping I'm adding these correctly, below are some pictures from our Conquest Aft Balcony (deck 7). We went early July, and most days it was too hot to sit out on the deck until late afternoon, because there was no breeze. I personally, wouldn't book this again but it was nice, for the time we could sit out.

Carnival Conquest Aft

Carnival Conquest Aft

Carnival Conquest Aft

Edited by Chillywilly_80

Op,

We had an aft on the conquest last year. Hubby was hoping to suntan on balcony but it was really hot and hit and miss on the sun because the ship and/or the dividers cast shadows. On the upside sailsaways were AMAZING! We had great neighbours above us and to the side so it's very social. We were right beside the wrap around aft and the occupants never used it! Really???

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
How was the aft wrap 6452 on the Conquest? Concerned the balcony is not that long...Any Sun? We love Sun!

We were in 6452 last year and loved every minute of it. Lots of sun, but we weren't too hot. I just jumped in the shower every 20 minutes and air-dried on deck. Cooled my insides with champagne. It was great.

You get a lot of sun and no wind. I like to book on deck 7 so that you have rooms both above and below you. On deck 6 you are right above music and some of it will get into your room later at night, been there once never again.

Loved the aft balcony. Met neighbors and enjoyed time both on board and ashore with them.

You also don't have many people walking past your room unless they belong there since it is not on way to stairs or elevators.

Thats great news. Thanks.

Is the balcony a wrap around? Do you have pics of the room and balcony?

I have pics but am a techno-tard, so I have no idea how to get them online. You can see what the aft wraps look like on Youtube Look up room 8448 on the Liberty or 7445 on the Conquest. Lots of good video. Both rooms are wrap around but they don't wrap around exactly the same way. All wraps on the Conquest class ships have a full diagonal balcony but vary in the following ways. The rooms on deck 6 don't have much balcony on the side of the ship, but more on the stern. Deck 8's wrap doesn't have much on the stern but a lot on the side. It looks like deck seven has a little less on the side the deck 8 and not much on the stern. We'll let you know when we get back in a few weeks.