Ginza now free on the Star

PokerDave

Star just came out of dry dock and the updated info on the NCL site now lists Ginza with the Complimentary restaurants. Description:

Enjoy this world-class Asian Fusion dining venue featuring delicious options, handcrafted sushi a la carte, and hot rock grill items for a unique cooking experience at your very own table. Hot rock items are $10 per item.

If this is not some kind of error perhaps they will roll it out fleetwide. Ginza has always been one of my favorites. Give me Hot and Sour soup, egg rolls, potstickers and an Asian entrée any day!

It's not a mistake...

Ginza Asian Restaurant is now a complimentary venue on this ship.

Hot rock grill items are available for $10 per item and sushi will continue to be a la carte.

This venue will not be available to pre-book through MyNCL.

Does anyone have an upcoming cruise? Did you get an email from NCL informing you of a change in the gratuities in the speciality restaurants?

We received an email weeks before our cruise informing us of the hike in gratuities giving us an opportunity to prepay at the lesser daily rate.

if this additional charge change was made in the gratuities in the specialties, it would be a change in your cruise contract and you should be notified.

And for those of you who are talking down to me, we have been platinum for at least 10 years. I am not cruise stupid. Just completed our 43 cruise.