Post your best cruise picture

Henrik_Keller

Welcome EnidSooner. Always glad to see other posters who live in this part of the world. Bet you're chomping at the bit for football season to start. A little story to tie cruising to football. We were on a cruise when the Superbowl was played this past February. The game was shown on huge screens in the ship's theatre. We stopped in to catch part of it. We were near Cozumel at the time and we got an ESPN feed from Mexico. There were english announcers (the secondary audio feed I suppose), but the graphics were in Spanish. Quite an interesting expereince.

OK, back on subject. I'm posting a photo that I've posted before, but many could not see my previous posting because of problems with Kodak Gallery. I'm now using Photobucket so everyone should be able to see it. It is a shot of Norwegian Dream from our balcony on Splendour of the Seas as we are anchored off of Cozumel.

Cozumel1.jpg

Ok, first post, first picture post and my first modern cruise. We had a blast. My last one was on the Yarmouth Castle in 1961 which burned and sank a few years later.

Welcome to CC EnidSooner...

Glad you had such a good time on your first modern cruise. ;)

Great pics everyone!!!

Jackie

Hey Purple Sunday! I just had to say hello, since you are from Finksburg...I am originally from Westminster. My parents still live there (K & L Baker). They are big into St Johns Church/BBall. I went to Key from 94-97, and my sister Kris from 89-93...Do we know you?

Amy K.

Hey Mary! I have lots of squirrel pics...I've been feeding 15-20 squirrels around my yard for the past 10 years...I'm on some 3rd generation squirrels now! And some are so distinctive that I named them and can identify them from a distance. I started feeding them after my dog died (they wouldn't come anywhere near my house with Zack on duty!)...and they've since become surrogate pets. They all feed by hand. Here's a few squirrel shots:

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

And just so I don't go off-topic for too long...here's a pic from Half Moon Cay taken from the Zuiderdam:

65058737.jpg

Justin,

Ok! Those are awesome pictures - very well done. Everyone around here hates squirrels and I'm the lone squirrel lover!

Here's my squirrel, little one, that I had uploaded a couple years ago. There was an extra bedroom in our house that my (soon-to-be) ex hadn't remodeled so we put her in there. You can see the little sapling tree that I dug out and nailed to the floor so she could climb! (i'm a dork.)

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4291186587

:) mary

Oops, I forgot! My squirrel's tail was thinner than the other's so that's how I knew it was her after she was released. At first she'd jump on me like she always had but after awhile she'd still stay within 5-6 feet of me while the others scampered away. So I know what you mean by distinctive markings, etc.

Oops, I forgot! My squirrel's tail was thinner than the other's so that's how I knew it was her after she was released. At first she'd jump on me like she always had but after awhile she'd still stay within 5-6 feet of me while the others scampered away. So I know what you mean by distinctive markings, etc.

So small when you got it! I thought I'd have to adopt one and bring it inside when I found one that small near my front door - but one of the mother squirrels seemed to take care of it (don't know if it was hers or not) and it grew up fine. They are only supposed to live 4-6 years...but I've got some which have gone much further. My favorite, Limpy (because her tail doesn't lift well, so the end drags along the ground), has been around for at least 9 years now. Several others lived for 9 years and only recently passed. I guess good food and a safe home extend their lives! Other than Limpy, I've named others for their unique traits: Leper (he contracted a skin disease which had him covered in lumps, then heavled but left a scar over the eye and on the left front hand), Speedy (obvious!), Mr. Two (he always demanded two peanuts - most squirrels couldn't even figure out how to carry two in their mouths, but he did it naturally), Shorty (only has 1/2 a tail), Whip (tail has no bushy hair on it), Stripe (his tail has a striped pattern in the hair), and Dip (short for dips#!t...he's sort of the Forest Gump of squirrels - not real bright but likeable).

It's tough when we roll the clocks back an hour...squirrels don't do daylight savings. They know they want food about 1 hour before dark - fine during the summer when I can feed them when I get home from work at 6pm. But during the winter when I get home at 6pm, it's already dark...and they all gathered by the door for an hour waiting for food. They don't like staying out in the dark...so I have to leave peanuts under a doormat where the birds can't get to them but the squirrels still can. A few wait for me to get home even in the dark...but at least most of them got their food earlier!

I guess I'm a dork too...though I've gotten so many friends and family to love feeding the squirrels when they come over that many do it themselves at their houses now!

Justin - Wow, you are GOOD! I love that you not only feed all these cute critters but that you also have gotten others to do so! I did get my parents to do it - even though they sneak up to the birdhouses and that doesn't make my dad happy.

I'm getting ready to move to an apartment and can't wait to feed the squirrels there. (Getting divorced is a big enough pain, but living at your parents when you are 47 is worse!!) So I can't wait to put out a birdfeeder and some squirrel feed!!

Mary

PS: you are right - they have no idea what daylight savings time is and they demand satisfaction!!! ;)