Room Service, anyone?

medolee

I am sure that this has been addressed, and I know I will find out when our packet comes, but wht about room service, is it free? It has been awhile since I have sailed with RCCL, on Disney Magic there is no charge for this service, but can't remember about RCCL. TIA!!:)

YES!!! The room service is free! As someone else mentioned, pick up the lunch or dinner meal menus, and order off of them, and you will have dinner in your room as you would have it in the main dining room (minus the waiters).:D

We always bring dollar bills with us to tip the room service staff, but that is strickly at your choice.

Rick

Last year was our first cruise and I was delighted about free room service. I filled up on so many fruit plates with cottage cheese,,yum! We ate in the dining room only one night so when it was lobster night, DH and I ordered room service. So I call up and order 4 plates and she says "Um, and how many people is this for?" At first I was a bit embarassed then I proudly said "TWO" I should have ordered 6, those buggers are so small!

I think I remember someone posting a link to a room service menu at come point, but I remember a few offerings. There were some sandwich choices (salmon wrap, tuna sub, etc.), salad, soups, cookies, drinks (even bar drinks), etc.

I think I remember someone posting a link to a room service menu at some point, but I remember a few offerings. There were some sandwich choices (salmon wrap, tuna sub, etc.), salad, soups, cookies, drinks (even bar drinks), etc.

Yep. 24/7. On the Serenade, however, it was a little slow (they say expect up to 45 minutes and they mean it!). Breakfast was usually on time when ordered ahead.

I noticed the same thing last cruise on the Vision the first time we used room service. I went a head and tipped my usual 3 bux took our coffee and danish and headed to the balcony. The rest of the cruise our room service order always came in 10 minutes or less and of course I always tipped my usual amount, except for the night we had dinner on the balcony and I added a little to the tip. I did over hear the people in the cabin next door complaining about room service taking 45 minutes even after they tipped 50 cents. Well I guess you get what you pay for in life and room service is no different.

Bill

Archived