Cabo Arch

EagleRockers

On one of the Princess roll calls for the Mexican Riviera someone said that the famous rock arch in Cabo had been turned to a pile of rocks by the hurricane in September.

Does anyone know if this is true or not? How about Lover's Beach, is it still there?

On one of the Princess roll calls for the Mexican Riviera someone said that the famous rock arch in Cabo had been turned to a pile of rocks by the hurricane in September.

Does anyone know if this is true or not? How about Lover's Beach, is it still there?

Really? I had not heard that. I hope not. Let's hope someone who's cruised there recently comes and clears this up.

It was still there two months ago in January.

We could see the arch only part of the time we were on the Grand. The currents were really pushing the ship around the day we were there.

It's just a rumor. I live in Cabo six months a year, I am here right now.

The arch is in great shape. Lover's Beach as well as Medano Beach have shrunk, but they will regenerate themselves. Tours are going out daily to the arch. The whales are one of the biggest populations seen in awhile. They are still plentiful right now.

The arch is in great shape. Lover's Beach as well as Medano Beach have shrunk, but they will regenerate themselves. Tours are going out daily to the arch. The whales are one of the biggest populations seen in awhile. They are still plentiful right now.

We will be in cabo in just over two weeks. Think the whales will be all gone by then? :(

Thank you! Good to know the iconic arch is still standing. See you next month!

Edited by eaglerockers@msn.com

We will be in cabo in just over two weeks. Think the whales will be all gone by then? :(

They typically start leaving in March, but there are still quite a few out there. You may get lucky. Be out on the deck when you sail in, you may see them from the ship.

I was there last Nov and the arch was fine. The only thing (at least when I was visiting) was the fact that lovers beach was closed due to a loss of sand.

It was closed for awhile, but it's open again. The problem was too steep of a drop off to exit a water taxi.