Suite info/photos

Aboat1

We are experienced cruisers that are trying Princess for the first time. We booked the Jan 18,2016 "sampler" cruise on Emerald. We booked a suite on the "R" deck

I am having problems understanding the Suites. When we booked our only Suite choice was Forward, Aft, and Midship.

My questions..... Are all the suites the same? Do they have smaller ones and larger ones?

Every time I click on the floor plan it says "Your suite will not have this floor plan." Where do I find the floor plan for the suite we booked?

The pictures seem to be stock photos of "some" suite...I am guessing not ours!

Do the suites on Emerald still have DVD players?

Are the "R" deck suites quiet?

Any other info or tips you would like to offer will be greatly appreciate.

Thanks in advance!

We are experienced cruisers that are trying Princess for the first time. We booked the Jan 18,2016 "sampler" cruise on Emerald. We booked a suite on the "R" deck

I am having problems understanding the Suites. When we booked our only Suite choice was Forward, Aft, and Midship.

My questions..... Are all the suites the same? Do they have smaller ones and larger ones?

Every time I click on the floor plan it says "Your suite will not have this floor plan." Where do I find the floor plan for the suite we booked?

The pictures seem to be stock photos of "some" suite...I am guessing not ours!

Do the suites on Emerald still have DVD players?

Are the "R" deck suites quiet?

Any other info or tips you would like to offer will be greatly appreciate.

Thanks in advance!

Try a google search with the suite number, there are lots of photos floating around.

Suites midship around the 300-400 area have been reported in reviews to have some noise issue from the pool deck above. IE(lounge chair dragging) as they are put out for the day very early in the morning (5am or so).

Forward facing suites can be subject to strong winds when underway.

Aft suites are preferred by quite a few.

Lots of information here on CC. There is a search box at the top right of the posts on the main Princess page. Try different keywords to find info.

We had a suite on three consecutive cruises (grand class ships). Yes, they all had DVD players.

The first time, we were midship, underneath the pool deck, and there was some noise in the morning. Fortunately, we took along some white noise generators that largely dealt with the issue.

Since that first experience, we have booked either Dolphin 736 or 737 (both Vista Suites) on the Caribbean and Crown. Both had big, beautiful balconies, and fantastic views from the back of the ship.

On our last cruise, on the Emerald, we had a mini-suite. As nice as it was, we have been completely spoiled by the Vista suites.