Midnight Buffet on Splendor of the Seas??

liasophia

Hi all! I'm new here and was wondering if anyone knows whether or not there is a midnight buffet on the Splendor. It's been about 5 years since we've cruised and that was one of our favorites, but I haven't seen anything about it anywhere and I'm hoping they didn't take it away!! Thanks for the info!

Hi Liasophia;

We enjoyed a wonderful week on Splendour of the Seas in April, departing from Tampa and sailing the western Caribbean. There was a midnight buffet on Day 5 (Wednesday). It looked lovely and we took loads of pictures but we had the late seating for dinner so we didn't try even a nibble of the food.

I hope you enjoy Splendour as much as we did!

Hi Liasophia;

I thought I would share a few thoughts about our experience on the Splendour. She is a beautiful ship, be sure to take a moment to look at her from the beach or pier. Each ship has its own character and each sailing has something that makes it unique. Of course, your own tastes and expectations will also color your experience.

We departed from Tampa and our experience in the terminal was very nice. At each point where a wrong turn or miss-step was even remotely possible, there was an employee saying things like "we're so glad you're sailing with us, won't you step this way?" or "so nice to see you, please turn left after going thru the door". It made us feel like our comfort was important to them. They even served cookies and lemonade. There were tables set up so purcahses of wine packages and so forth were easy to arrange. As we boarded the ship we were greeted with a smile and a "Good Morning". I glanced at my watch to see that we were actually on board before noon!

We always dress for dinner on a cruise, it is a tradition we enjoy. Its fun to dress up and go to dinner and to see everyone in their gowns and suits. Not everyone likes that tradition and as long as you're within in some reasonable bounds it really isn't necessary to be overly formal. Our waitress was a friendly young woman whose cheerful banter was fun, if a little less than formal. The food at dinner ranged from "good" to "very good". Service was fast and efficient. If there was anything we wanted we only needed to ask and it was handled. The evening before "lobster night" our waitress told us that it would be OK to order 2 lobster dinners but we should do it all at once so there wouldn't be any delay in bringing the second plate. :) My only (minor) dislike was the layout and seating in the cafeteria. A little "snug" for my taste

Our cabin was clean and comfortable. The attendant was unobtrusive but readily available if we ever wanted anything. There was towel art every night when we went to the cabin. One thing that will enhance your trip is to select a room that suits your taste. Inside or outside? Window or not? Higher up or lower down? Try to select a room that is surrounded by guest rooms, being under or over or next to a kitchen can be noisy. Some people say lower down and close to center is most stable, and therefore less motion.

I sure hope something in here is helpful

Archived